Aiyeeee!

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
I look at it in the broader context and in line with considering it Just More Insurance.

Yep. I don't buy extended warranties on anything in general now. One more thing to keep track of and process in the event something goes wrong. I figure anything I own I can either repair or it ain't worth repairing and I can buy another one (cars included, after a certain point).

I did buy an extended warranty on the first big screen tv I bought, then the retailer I bought it from (Incredible Universe) got bought by someone else (Fry's) and after that Nobody Knew Anything about the warranty.

TV is still running, ~11 years later. All the other ones I didnt buy the warranty on have died.

Heyyyyyyy......

Maybe your lesson should be, stop buying so many tvs!! The more you buy, the higher the odds that one of them will fail.

I'm with you guys as far as buying extended warranties on appliances.  They have very few moving parts and the cost to price ratio is crazy.

As far as cars are concerned they have in excess of 14000 moving parts plus all kinds of electronics.    I would always recommend the extended warranty from the manufacturer only.

Some guys have said they feel good about the extended warranty purchase only if the got to use them.  I hope they don't feel that way about life insurance.  I don't think too many people would buy home owners insurance to hope their house would burn down.

73ss454 said:
Some guys have said they feel good about the extended warranty purchase only if the got to use them. I hope they don't feel that way about life insurance. I don't think too many people would buy home owners insurance to hope their house would burn down.

I kept calling my extended warranty the best money I ever wasted. Until I used it. Let's hope I don't have to use it any more for a while.

I just hope i dont have to use my extended warranty, my car insurance and my life insurance all at the same time.

Well, I think we need Pictures of this Ride! - What Color is it? - It is an LS430 right?

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
I just hope i dont have to use my extended warranty, my car insurance and my life insurance all at the same time.

No worries mate!

It would not be YOU using them.

Cut-Throat said:
Well, I think we need Pictures of this Ride! - What Color is it? - It is an LS430 right?

Yep, LS430. Its silver, gray interior. I was a little bit fond of the pale green with the light tan interior, but the only one within a hundred miles or so had the 10,000 extra option package and I wasnt in the mood to pay that much for the laser/radar guided cruise control that automatically slows the vehicle if someone in front of you slows down. I can tap the brake pedal and hit a button once in a while for ten grand.

Pictures soon. Its hiding in the garage at this point in time and even a brief view of the chaos inside my garage is believed to cause temporary insanity, which may become permanent with repeated viewings.

I'll save y'all the typing: Yes, THATS what happened.

I'll get the mrs into a bikini and have her lounge on the hood. After she slides off from the wax I'll take a couple of shots of the car and post them.

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
I'll get the mrs into a bikini and have her lounge on the hood. After she slides off from the wax I'll take a couple of shots of the car and post them.

I beat ya' to it... Aiyeeee! :D

img_358676_0_8b85eace78fe745533e6d366f67eb41a.jpg

I'll take it, I'll even take the extended warranty. Can I pick Her/it up today?

REWahoo! said:
I beat ya' to it... Aiyeeee!
Can you still get a refund? That hip dysplasia looks pretty serious... and what side of the car is that steering wheel on?!?

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
I *am* actually considering lowering my deductible on the lexus from the $5000 I carry on all the cars to a thousand or $2500, at least for the first year. Car has a lot of distracting electronics and learning to drive a new car, especially when you're alternately driving among three different cars, might be conducive to a dent.
Maybe a LoJack while you're at it-- you know, the model with the extra-strong transmitter that penetrates the container on the ship headed for South America?

Eh, she's no Mrs CFB but she's ok.

I dropped the deductible to $500, at least for the first year. Turned out the total six months premium was $480 with the high deductible, $540 for $1000 and $608 for $500.

By the way, the "backup camera" thats positioned above the rear license plate and automatically kicks in, showing whats behind the car on the gps screen, is very, very cool. Would have been handy last week when Mrs CFB backed the RAV out of the garage right into my dads car that was parked in the driveway...

Since Cute Fuzzy Bunny backed into and knocked over the trash cans a few months ago, he's not allowed to give Mrs CFB very much **** about it though.

My dad however, has clean fodder for use for some time now.

By the way, I have determined that Mrs CFB's program of only telling her the days when the portfolio is UP is a principal cause of this whole situation.

So as of a few days ago I instituted a new policy. When she says "hey, we can afford it!", I reply "Sure we can, we're just spending Gabes inheritance.".

BOOM!

Nope. She "got it" right away and quickly asked "well, we'll still leave him a lot, right?"

"Eh, somewhere between nothing and some bills...but look at the bright side, theres a slim chance he's gonna turn out to be an a-hole..."

THEN I had to dodge the skillet. And....I think i'm gonna sleep in the spare bedroom the next couple of nights and lock the door. ;)

You could leave him a 30-something year old hunk of rusted 2006 lexus.

(this is sarcasm)

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
Hey. That better be SARCASM mister...

;)

OMG WTF! Of course it is!!!!!1!!!!!one!!!

Read the whole message, d00d.

(this is also sarcasm)

justin said:
OMG WTF! Of course it is!!!!!1!!!!!one!!!

Read the whole message, d00d.

(this is also sarcasm)

I think (CFB)'s inflated rack is going to his head :D

Besides, nothing rusts here in central california.

I see nothing 'inflated' about my rack, either.

cube_rat said:
I think (CFB)'s inflated rack is going to his head :D

To be fair, I went back and modified my sarcastic post with my (this is sarcasm) tag. Just to be sure the ever so cute and fuzzy bunny doesn't start a Flame War with me. ;) Oh, CFB, can you change your name to something else please?

justin said:
To be fair, I went back and modified my sarcastic post with my (this is sarcasm) tag. Just to be sure the ever so cute and fuzzy bunny doesn't start a Flame War with me. ;) Oh, CFB, can you change your name to something else please?

I wouldn't want to go toe to toe with bunny in a flame war either. He can spar with the best of them :D

justin said:
I don't buy the 10% figure.  I'm sure there's a huge mark-up, but I doubt it is 900% of the cost. 

This is what I heard from someone who worked at a dealership... that only 10% of the 'retail' cost is put into a fund for future payout... the rest is profit between the dealership and the manufacturer... again, it is hearsay and could be wrong..

Cute fuzzy bunny doesnt like to have flame wars with anyone.

He asks lots of clarifying questions when someone says something odd or seemingly unsupported/unsupportable, and the third or fourth time he gets called a name or the other person bursts into flames through spontaneous combustion...well...he's been known to break out the gasoline and marshmallows.

Cute fuzzy bunny has an F-key programmed to say "Cute fuzzy bunny" and another that uses the more formal "Cute Fuzzy Bunny", so doesnt have these problems with typing out the whole name ;)

Back
Top Bottom