Amazon Announces A 20-1 Split

Now I'll own a whole 60 shares :)

Been waiting on this for awhile. At 2900 per share it is mentally tough to load up. But, after-hours has this up nicely approaching 3000.00 per share. Buy ratings are around $4K. Like most people I use it daily so bullish and it is my largest holding:popcorn:.

Been waiting on this for awhile. At 2900 per share it is mentally tough to load up. But, after-hours has this up nicely approaching 3000.00 per share. Buy ratings are around $4K. Like most people I use it daily so bullish and it is my largest holding:popcorn:.

I'm bullish as well, but I have a feeling it will give up most of the after-hours gains tomorrow. The 20-1 split is nice, but it doesn't change the companies fundamentals. Hope I'm wrong :LOL:

One of my largest holdings (but still relatively small).

Historically the stock pops on the announcement and then more upon actual split.

True it makes no difference on fundamentals but more people will buy. It is bullish.

No change to company fundamentals, but as you've illustrated it mentally helps retail investors to "get into" the stock at perceived lower price. It also makes stock open to more option trading for retail as 100 share lot is easier to cover. For whatever reason the SS usually sees a pop, while RSS usually sees a drop, nothing changes fundamentally but investing isn't exclusive to fundamentals. Good luck.

They also announced a $10B stock repurchase. I'm not sure what to make of that. No dividend, minimal profit, yet they are buying back stock.

I'm long for now.

not sure how much amazon in my portfolio,but in our Fidelity total stock fund FZROX, Amazon is one of the top 10 and the top 10 stocks and those top 10 make up about 26% of the fund, which has about 2631 stocks in it. Also have Vanguard Wellesley and STAR pretty sure they have some Amazon stock as well. not sure how much this will move the $$ in my portfolio, but hey I own some amazon for better or worse even if it is inside a mutual fund.

We’ve got 50 shares, So I guess we’ll have a thousand. Sounds more impressive despite no value change. Alphabet had a bump when they announced their split, but it came back down shortly after. As someone else mentioned, options will be more in play now.

Back
Top Bottom