Amazon Prime movie suggestions

Bosch was great (I love Michael Connelly) and the new season is supposed to be available on March 11th, I think. Hanging on to my Amazon Prime just for that reason!

And thanks for the streaming search site--I'll be glad to use that for reference in the future!

If anyone has Downton Abbey withdrawal, you can watch Gosford Park, a period Robert Altman murder mystery written by Downton's creator and starting Maggie Smith in a similar role, among others. Servants abound. We watched it with subtitles as the different dialects are quite thick to our US ears.

I've enjoyed Bosch and The Good Wife, both definitely worth watching.

Ditto for Gosford Park.

Netflix has My-List to track your selections. How do you do it in Amazon?
Similar. Amazon Prime has a watchlist, one for TV shows and another for movies.

Has anyone watched Mozart in the Jungle? That is very entertaining.

If you haven't seen it already, Poldark is very good. We are watching season two of Bosch. That's also a great show.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

We are watching the new season of Bosch as well. It is great!
I'm on the wait list for some of the Bosch series books in the library. Is this a frenzy or what? It's surprising to see some of these from the late 90's so sought after. Will have to content myself with the movies for now.

I'm looking forward to the second season of Catastrophe, due April 8.

Though I don't know if it will be as fun with baby.

I'm on the wait list for some of the Bosch series books in the library. Is this a frenzy or what? It's surprising to see some of these from the late 90's so sought after. Will have to content myself with the movies for now.

The Lincoln Lawyer ones are good too of the wait list is shorter. There was also a great movie based on them by the same name.
I love his books, and was pleased the series captures some of the same feel.

If you haven't seen it already, Poldark is very good. We are watching season two of Bosch. That's also a great show.

Also watching Poldqrk and really enjoying it. Beautiful cinematography. There is scenery, and more scenery.... :cool:

Also watching Poldqrk and really enjoying it. Beautiful cinematography. There is scenery, and more scenery.... :cool:

Yes, I know what you mean. 😉

Amazon has a number of mood... romantic fireplaces, aquarium and "sleep" segments. Some run for hours for dozing off naps.
In search, look for "aquarium", "box fan", "rotary fan", "candles", "fireplace", "oceans", "birds"... and like that.

Now... one I'd like to specially recommend... "Loons"... a superb video that has incredibly great photography, and a full history and life stream of what is arguably the most popular subject of bird lovers. As a self appointed "expert" on loons, I learned a great deal. Brings back wonderful memories of canoe trips on the Boundary Waters, and Adirondak Lakes.

The other excellent video, is "hummingbirds". For anyone who has enjoyed this tiny critter, an absolute "must". Didja know that a hummingbird flaps his wings from 30 to 50 times per second?... or that his heart beats 1000+ times in a minute?... or that some fly 500 miles without rest all the way across the Gulf of Mexico?

All of the above are available on "Prime".

Last edited:
Not sure if Seize the Day with Robbin Williams (Seize the Day (1986) - IMDb) has been mentioned already but I watched it last night and thought it was relevant to the discussions we often see here.

I saw what could've been my own reflection when I went through a bad divorce a few years ago. At that time I was one job away from losing everything I had worked so hard for. Of course, the movie is a bit exaggerated and I kept mumbling 'take it' when he had the opportunity to take on work that was less paying than he wanted/needed.

Watched "Two Wrongs" last night. Very good and made me think what would I do if in that situation.

These are great times. IMO, Netflix + Amazon for $200 per year or so is high value return for just $200. The same can be said for having just one service. Would be great if other choices could be this way, where you can afford the top two picks, for low realtive cost.

How about the latest iphone and samsung for $500 hard cash? Can't get that, so I'll be happy and content with Netflix + Amazon.

This looks like a good link to check out. Thanks.

We are now getting swamped by too many possibilities to view. And I think of us as being very selective ... but maybe not selective enough? :)

Oh, but that's a good thing! Stuff one might have never even found before. It's like a collective treasure hunt.

I'll mention (again) the Thermapen as an example. This is true, just last week: I went to the butcher shop on an especially nice day and had mine with me (no, I don't carry it around all the time, I bet I wouldn't be allowed on an airplane, but I had a reason). I showed it to the guy (the butcher) and he was blown away by it! And I got me one nice juicy steak picked out for me in return. What's not to like?

Just watched "Meru" about the first ascent of the shark's fin peak by Conrad Anker and company. From the linked article-quote by Jimmy Chin, one of the climbers on the trip: "What’s the movie really about?
Ultimately, you discover that the film is about loyalty and obsession and friendship. My goal from the beginning was to make a film that told a powerful story about universal ideas that people that could relate to. Climbing is an incredible vehicle to tell that story."
You can also watch a trailer of the movie at this link. Highly recommend it, and I am a middle aged female-not the demographic that typically enjoys a "climbing" film, but the film is so much more than that!
Conquering Meru, the “Anti-Everest” | Outside Online

Back
Top Bottom