Amazon Prime Streaming Issue

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
When we watch an Amazon Prime streaming show on our LED TV we are getting booted back to regular TV channel frequently, but not every time, when the Amazon show starts to load. Normally, it will then load OK on the second try. I am not sure if it's something with the Amazon app or our TV setup/software. We have FIOS TV and internet, and the TV is ~ 7 years old. Has anyone else experienced this?

Any problems with other streaming services?

Streaming directly to a smart TV or via a Roku, Firestick, etc?

FWIW, we stream Amazon Prime and a number of other services through Rokus and have never had the problem you describe.

FWIW, we stream Amazon Prime and a number of other services through Rokus and have never had the problem you describe.

No problems with other services. We use the app that was loaded on our smart TV.

No problem with Prime but I have had lots of problems with Apple TV. It would freeze, drop out, refuse to restart. After the free year with a phone purchase I dropped it because it was unreliable.

Not sure how you are configured. Is your modem connected directly to the TV or are you relying on wifi to receive Prime? We found it much more reliable to run a cable directly from the modem to the smart tv.

Not sure how you are configured. Is your modem connected directly to the TV or are you relying on wifi to receive Prime? We found it much more reliable to run a cable directly from the modem to the smart tv.

This is what I have found as well. I have DISH Network which downloads from DISH satellite for main TV viewing, but it has channels for Prime TV, Netflix, and Pay Per View that require an internet connection.

When we watch an Amazon Prime streaming show on our LED TV we are getting booted back to regular TV channel frequently, but not every time, when the Amazon show starts to load. Normally, it will then load OK on the second try. I am not sure if it's something with the Amazon app or our TV setup/software. We have FIOS TV and internet, and the TV is ~ 7 years old. Has anyone else experienced this?

Most likely your TV app, the quick and easy solution is to get a cheap stick (like Walmart's ONN 4k Android TV streamer for $30) and try it.

We had constant lockup issues with Prime on our Roku 3800 stick until we figured out it was overheating the stick. Adding a free HDMI extender from Roku fixed the issue.

I'd also suggest deleting and reinstalling the Prime app. Sometimes that fixes issues.

Most likely your TV app, the quick and easy solution is to get a cheap stick (like Walmart's ONN 4k Android TV streamer for $30) and try it.
Yes, specifically I've seen some odd encoding where one device wouldn't play a specific episode on Netflix, and in fact it caused the device to reboot, whereas it worked on all my other devices. That was because of a quirk of the Netflix software on that particular device that made it glitch on that particular piece of content, but Netflix tech support was actually really good about helping me figure it out, and they reencoded the show in a week or two, and it played fine on that device after that. Not a common issue, but worth noting just in case.

Make sure you have the latest updates installed for both the Smart TV software and the Amazon Prime app. If software versions are out of sync due to a past failed update, you could see the behavior you're describing.

Make sure you have the latest updates installed for both the Smart TV software and the Amazon Prime app. If software versions are out of sync due to a past failed update, you could see the behavior you're describing.

Need to check for updates. As others asked, my TV's internet connection is hardwired, not wifi.

A longshot, but possibly your ethernet cable is bad?

A longshot, but possibly your ethernet cable is bad?

I imagine the other apps would be experiencing issues if it was a bad cable. Nevertheless, a bad cable must be a nightmare to resolve, especially if it's in the wall.

Back
Top Bottom