American Idol 2012 Thread

I can't believe the results! She is such a great performer. :(

I do agree with the judges that this top five was top notch. Great show last night.

Surprised to see Skylar go tonight. Thought for sure she'd be in the top 3. Hollie seems a bit like this season's Haley Reinhart. Hanging in there like a champ.

Purron said:
Surprised to see Skylar go tonight. Thought for sure she'd be in the top 3. Hollie seems a bit like this season's Haley Reinhart. Hanging in there like a champ.

Thanks for the spoiler (((eyes rolling)))

I would have had Skylar ahead of Phillip and Joshua, and even with Hollie and Jessica.

Oh well. Damn teeny-boppers. How in the world is Phillip still here? Don;t get me wrong, nice kid, but not anywhere near the others.

"Those boots were made for walking"!

I think at this point the Judges should keep quiet, no need for them to influence the out come.

I miss Simon Cowell. It seems to me that the judges are too positive and rarely critical these days. When was the last time we heard a terrible performance called out as a trainwreck?

Stephen Tyler is a bit of a joke as a judge. The only good thing I have seen him do in two years is call out Heejun for his antics.

I'm surprised that Phillip wasn't even in the bottom two. I thought Skylar would make top 3 but not win it all. Her voice is a bit too nasal and the country theme is getting tiring. Phillip was not good at all on Wednesday. But he must have a good fan base. Jessica is on a different level than everyone in the competition from the beginning. But I think she's too young to relate well to the audience and with experience she could be huge. She just needs to connect more. I really don't like Joshua at all but the judges seem to gush over him every week. I'm thinking Joshua & Jessica in the top two.

I miss Simon Cowell. It seems to me that the judges are too positive and rarely critical these days. When was the last time we heard a terrible performance called out as a trainwreck?

Stephen Tyler is a bit of a joke as a judge. The only good thing I have seen him do in two years is call out Heejun for his antics.

+1

While I haven't been a Skylar fan, I was really disappointed to see her go before Phillip. Kind of surprised the judges didn't say something like, America didn't get it right:(

I thought America got it right. Skylar's voice annoyed me. From here on out it gets really tough. These kids are good. I'm rooting for the underdog Hollie. But that's not likely.

I agree with the comment the judges should just speak less now. Seems like they are trying too much to sway the vote. The only relevant comments come from Jimmy IMO. They have to have somebody like him since Simon is no longer there.

Also interesting to watch Coldplay last night. That lead singer guy really gets a workout while performing. Cracked me up. I know how he keeps in shape. Cardio singing.

Skylar's voice is better than Kellie Pickler, she'll be fine. If Skylar has a career half as successful as Kellie's, she will not complain.

Hollie is a fighter, I'll give her that. 2 girls and 2 guys? Boy, that's doesn't look like a fix. I predict a Joshua/Jessica final. Josh will win because the judges are in lust for him........:)

Word has it next week's theme is "California Dreaming". May have a different theme for the second or third songs.

Joshua!

Purron said:

Wonderful performance on "It's a man's world"!!! Best of the evening, IMO. How great to have a young Louisiana singer doing so well.
I liked Holli's second song, too.

I am ready for Philip to go.

Wonderful performance on "It's a man's world"!!! Best of the evening, IMO. How great to have a young Louisiana singer doing so well.
I liked Holli's second song, too.

I am ready for Philip to go.

I kinda liked Philip for the first time in several weeks. Thought he killed "Volcano".

I think the Judges should keep their mouths shut at this point. Funny how they all pick the same person they want to sabbatage, tonight it was Hollie. I find it so funny that they all have the exact opinion. They should seperate them in sound proof booths so they can't hear each other and I'd love to hear what they have to say then. There was nothing wrong with Hollie's sencond song yet all 3 judges were all over her. BS!

It was a great night and while I agree that Phillip slayed Volcano it was too little, too late in my book. He is the weakest voice, but I'm afraid that Hollie will be the one packing her bags. I hope I am wrong.

I think the Judges should keep their mouths shut at this point. Funny how they all pick the same person they want to sabbatage, tonight it was Hollie. I find it so funny that they all have the exact opinion. They should seperate them in sound proof booths so they can't hear each other and I'd love to hear what they have to say then. There was nothing wrong with Hollie's sencond song yet all 3 judges were all over her. BS!

I thought she did a terrific job with that second song, and I was astonished when the judges didn't give her a standing ovation, but instead criticized it so harshly.

I used to like Philip better than Holli, but after the past few weeks Holli has really shown more of what she can do. I hope she stays.

+1 One can debate whether Hollie was great or just OK, but I didn't think her performance was anywhere close to the negative criticsm she got.

+2, I like the sound proof booth idea. IMO, Jessica threw down the gauntlet with her 2nd song (in fact I don't recall any performance ever that came close to that), and I hope we say goodbye to Phillip tonight.

The judges were just cruel to Hollie and obviously want her off the show. To me her second song was better than her first and I preferred the strength of her voice in the the second song compared to Bonnie Raitt's in the original. Hollie expressed the song how she really interpreted it and I really enjoyed it.

Phillip's second song was very good and I enjoyed the original artist's rendition as well (got to love youtube). His first song didn't do much for me.

I still think Joshua sings too many notes but I listened a second time to both of his songs and I really enjoyed his second song (It's a Man's World). I much preferred the original artist's rendition of his first song. Joshua does an excellent job making a production out of his songs with lots of other singers and musicians.

I don't care for Jessica anymore. Too many notes, too much screaming, too much everything. I swear that her second song hurt my ears. She shows great emotion but I just don't care for her anymore. She was my favorite earlier in the season. I wish she would go.

I suspect that Hollie will get a bunch of votes that went previously to Skylar since they were close friends.

I am also ready for Phillip to go. I'm not as enamored with him as the judges seem to be. I don't think his voice is all that special, and quite honestly, other than on Volcano this week, I think he sounds the same on all songs.

Joshua and Jessica have absolutely insane voices and I think they both will have amazing careers, but the one from this season that will have the biggest career will be Skylar Laine. I'm not a country fan, but I can recognize great country music, and she has the voice for it...even her name is catchy. She is going to be a HUGE star along the lines of Carrie Underwood.

Back
Top Bottom