Amway - how do you respond?

When asked what they did they always said import export.

I've seen enough old Barnaby Jones, Columbo, Cannon, et al episodes to know that's usually a front for something that tends to get one person killed around the opening credits, and the second murder, around the half-way mark!

I have one nephew selling isogentics (?) and a niece flogging Plexus something or other.

Supposed to make me feel better/healthier.

Five minutes on the internet tells me that their claims are a load of nonsense. Or worse. Neither of them really understand what they are selling. For them it is all about dumping a load of product each month on friends, family, neighbors, etc.

Selling dreams and instant cures to people who are either not very bright, do no product research whatsoever, or somehow feel obligated to buy because a friend or relative is flogging it.

Seems to me it would be a lot better to eat healthy meals in moderation and exercise regularly etc. instead of sitting on the couch watching soaps or keyboarding while eating junk food and guzzling sugar laced soda drinks.

Last edited:
A good friend (now gone) was selling "magnet wear." Supposedly, having magnets in contact with your body was supposed to help arthritis and other pains of aging.

I was beyond skeptical, but I knew the guy needed the money. So I bought a vest. I've always had back problems and I swear my back got better for a while as I wore the vest. Could it have been "real?" Who knows.

At one point, I laid down my vest and my old cat - probably 16 at the time landed on it and I couldn't get him off of the thing. His body was so aged that you could sometimes hear his bones creak (just like mine.) But when he finally got up, he had a spring in his step that he had lost. My cat "claimed" that vest and I never got to wear it again.

Was it a miracle for my cat. No idea. No idea how magnets would help arthritis. But...

Returning you now...

A good friend (now gone) was selling "magnet wear." Supposedly, having magnets in contact with your body was supposed to help arthritis and other pains of aging.

I was beyond skeptical, but I knew the guy needed the money. So I bought a vest. I've always had back problems and I swear my back got better for a while as I wore the vest. Could it have been "real?" Who knows.

At one point, I laid down my vest and my old cat - probably 16 at the time landed on it and I couldn't get him off of the thing. His body was so aged that you could sometimes hear his bones creak (just like mine.) But when he finally got up, he had a spring in his step that he had lost. My cat "claimed" that vest and I never got to wear it again.

Was it a miracle for my cat. No idea. No idea how magnets would help arthritis. But...

Returning you now...

That's why we have double-blind studies.

When you said your cat couldn't get off of the magnetic vest, I imagined you'd been giving it iron supplements! :LOL:

-ERD50

Haven’t been approached about Amway in decades but did attend my tai chi teacher’s Essential Oils presentation. Felt sorry for her so bought a couple of bottles of something that is still unopened in my medicine cabinet several years later.

But Amway did help a friend of mine take his business to a new level. Declining to participate after attending a meeting, he started offering perks like new cars to his top producers and his business grew exponentially.

Back
Top Bottom