Another one pissed at a big bank

Texas Proud

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
OK, This is one of those things that you know is going to happen at some time, but it got me at just the wrong time...

I have a CC with Chase... and it calculated the cash back on 3% of purchases on certain purchases etc etc... these were not rolling categories, but you got the 3 highest.... some here have this same card..

Well, they had it as a cash only card... and the one kicker that I liked was if you saved up $200 you could get a bonus check of $250.... well, I was up to $192 as of last month.....

SOOO, log in today and I do not see my cash balance, but POINTS... you can buy some of their affinity cards with different vendors etc... but none are worth it... IOW, none give a discount like when you purchase at Discover... so, I want my money... However, the $250 offer is GONE... the very month that I qualify for it.... POOF....

Now I feel like I was robbed of $50 without any notice.... but who knows, maybe it was on some fine print thing I was sent at some time.... but not made clear like when they changed my 5% card for gas, groceries and drug store to 1%.... but still pisses me off that they changed it...

Just venting... not going to get rid of the card as it is still a good rebate card.... better than most...

I know the feeling, I had a similar experience with airline miles...all these mergers and bankruptcies make it hard to keep track of.

I have found that a couple of my cards can now be linked up to my Amazon account and the points can be used at any amount for Amazon purchases. I know I have 2 Chase cards connected to my Amazon account. I like this deal because, depending on the points deal, I rarely get enough (usually 5000 points) to redeem for one of their gift cards. We aren't using charge cards for much anymore so it's nice to be able to redeem small amounts through Amazon.

Here's more info about which cards can be linked -
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=swp_ya_learn_1?_encoding=UTF8&ie=UTF8&node=2634438011

and

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1368689382&pf_rd_i=2634438011

Last edited:
I have found that a couple of my cards can now be linked up to my Amazon account and the points can be used at any amount for Amazon purchases. I know I have 2 Chase cards connected to my Amazon account. I like this deal because, depending on the points deal, I rarely get enough (usually 5000 points) to redeem for one of their gift cards. We aren't using charge cards for much anymore so it's nice to be able to redeem small amounts through Amazon.

Here's more info about which cards can be linked -
Amazon.com: Shop with Points

and

Amazon.com Message

Thanks for the info, but I do not buy enough at Amazon to use it...

I can redeem as little as $20.... so I will be doing it more often... it was just worth it for me to wait till it got to $200 and get $250 instead...

This problem brings back the picture of hundreds of bank CEO's on their knees in front of Congress screaming "Please! Please! Please! Regulate us more!"

Back
Top Bottom