Anyone watch the Dahmer series Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breedlove

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I watched that series and man that was one bad person . I didn’t realize how messed up his family was and how much [mod edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't watched it yet, but the guy was killing animals at 11 y.o. IIRC, so it only gets worse from there.

That was a horror movie that actually made me sick and scared me .

I live in the area where he grew up.

I remember the news about the missing hitchhiker who was his first victim in 1978. His parents house has been for sale a few times. It's in a lovely rural neighborhood. It usually makes the local news.

Last edited:
No Thank You. I have a cousin that was in his high school graduating class. My aunt and uncle that lived on the other side of the woods from the Dahmers. To think that I played in the same woods is creepy enough for me.

I couldn't make it through the first episode. Quite simply not my cup of tea.

I watched the first nine episodes with my housemate. I don't want to say that we've been enjoying it, because that seems like a poor choice of words. Even when you pause it and Netflix asks "Enjoying Dahmer?" it just seems...wrong.

Disturbingly, I saw a similar thing on an old Hitchcock episode. Robert Duvall got someone drunk and brought him back to his apartment, where he strangled him to death. Then he got some knives and acid and cut up the body, and disposed of it it in the bathtub. The only thing left was the head, which he put in an ice bucket. But then his girlfriend showed up unannounced, and then a cop came by looking for the deceased, and Robert Duvall got busted by William Shallert.

Obviously, the old Hitchcock episode wasn't gory; it was all implied. But, it was a bit disturbing to see real life imitate art. Or at least, a miniseries portrayal of real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom