Autos most likely to be ticketed? My Camry Solara? WTF???

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This study that just came out that shows which cars get the most tickets really surprised me:

Auto Insurance Analysis Does What We Drive Affect How We Drive

I thought my Camry Solara screamed things like "practical" and "mature" not "I'm a fun driver and deserve a ticket, Officer!" What is going on in this world today if a Camry Solara gets the second most tickets:confused:??:(

And check the age of the drivers of these cars, too.

What is going on in this world today if a Camry Solara gets the second most tickets:confused:??:(
That's why I own/drive an older Mustang GT convertible. Never have been bothered. Maybe it's just that I'm an old phart :whistle: ...

Attachments

• 2002-Ford-Mustang-Conv-02-800.jpg
    2002-Ford-Mustang-Conv-02-800.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 2
Now there's a provocative thread title, what do you really think? Doesn't have to mean anything to you. If you don't break any laws, you could drive a blinding red Ferrari without fear. If you wanted to throw caution to the wind when you drive, guess you should have bought a Buick (duh?).

Best to buy a Rolls then. Those are always driven at a stately 5 mph below the limit.

Now there's a provocative thread title, what do you really think? Doesn't have to mean anything to you. If you don't break any laws, you could drive a blinding red Ferrari without fear. If you wanted to throw caution to the wind when you drive, guess you should have bought a Buick (duh?).

If you look at the "full" list... the old phart cars do seem to be the Buicks... two were over 80% owned by over 60yo

Don't know what to make of the list. Last speeding ticket I got was in '72 Super Beetle, bright red. Memory faded, passed on to my niece around '80 and 120K miles/

I've driven Benz's of various versions, pickups, suburbans, Jaguars.

I guess the trick is knowing where to speed. I like to hit it on the uphills. Never seen a speed trap on the uphill, but many just beyond the crest on the downhill. Besides, uphill exhibition of speed in low gear is a great Italian tuneup.

All of which at various times were pushed around in a very sporty manner.

Do like chasing down corvettes, junior racers in rice burners, in my suburban. It just blows their mind. Especially when they see the geezer behind the wheel.

Cruise control is a girl's best friend when I go tooling around in this "cop magnet". I always smile :D and wave :greetings10: to the nice officers when they look my way.

Attachments

• mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom