Bed sheets

Timely topic but anyone have any links to a specific brand/type they like on Bed Bath, Target or Amazon?

I'm a little OCD about my sheets.

I bought every set of Ralph Lauren Brianna Paisley (now discontinued) I could find at least 15 years ago because I wanted enough to have for the rest of my life. ( I just LOVE them!) I had 7 sets. I still have 5 sets new and unopened, and the set I'm using now is fairly new. So...these sheets have lasted over 10 years.

I guess I need to live another 50 years in order to use all my beloved sheets.

I have to admit I love my bamboo sheets, they are the smoothest, softest I've ever felt. But they are fragile and only last 3 years or so...

I found a percale with 100% pima cotton, 500 thread count that I love (Thomas Lee LTD:perfectCale). I gladly iron them as they remind me of my Grandmother's sheets. Crisp and soft at the same time. Cool to the touch, etc. I can't remember when I bought the first set but it has to be over 5 years ago and I suspect I will get another 5 plus years out them. I bought a second set to have on hand for needed quick changes in case I did not have the time to iron them. I haven't had to use them yet at all. They are pricey though!

2 sets here - rotated for washing.. They seems to last about 5 years. Another percale fan here, btw. Have you noticed that they are getting harder and harder to find in stores?

Do you bleach? Bleach takes a bite out of fabric, weakening it.

2 sets here - rotated for washing.. They seems to last about 5 years. Another percale fan here, btw. Have you noticed that they are getting harder and harder to find in stores?

Janet H, Yes I could not easily find them in stores or online at the typical Department Stores. Not sure how I ran across Thomas Lee Ltd but it was probably from internet searches. I read the reviews, was encouraged, ordered a set and love them.
Prior too that I was doing Egyptian Cotton, very high thread counts found in Department Stores and they just thinned out and fell apart so quickly.

I have a random assortment of sheets for our king bed, but the best sheets I've ever bought were for our guest bed--microfiber 1800 Clara Clark ones from Amazon. Discontinued now, but I swear, those are the softest sheets and have held up really well.

I'm a little OCD about my sheets.

I bought every set of Ralph Lauren Brianna Paisley (now discontinued) I could find at least 15 years ago because I wanted enough to have for the rest of my life. ( I just LOVE them!) I had 7 sets. I still have 5 sets new and unopened, and the set I'm using now is fairly new. So...these sheets have lasted over 10 years.

I guess I need to live another 50 years in order to use all my beloved sheets.

I checked out my 10+ year old sheets last night and all three sets are Ralph Lauren brand - I bought them to coordinate with RL comforters that I have since discarded. Maybe that is why my sheets are lasting so long.

I have to admit I love my bamboo sheets, they are the smoothest, softest I've ever felt. But they are fragile and only last 3 years or so...

My wife recently bought two sets of bamboo sheets at Costco, and so far, we really like them. They are very soft and cool feeling in the summer. I would say they are at least as good as the best cotton sheets we've owned (400 thread count pima).

One would think the longevity of bed sheets would be directly proportional to the amount of friction and washings, said sheets experience.

:cool::dance::angel::biggrin:

I have not found bamboo sheets to be very durable.

Back
Top Bottom