Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2022 - Please post updates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait till July after the 2nd FED interest rate hike, they will go up a lot more. MYGAs are already at ~4% and even 4.3% for 6 years.

Last edited:
Awaiting for Fed to release one year treasury rate tomorrow, then compare to one year CD, to purchase one of them

Awaiting for Fed to release one year treasury rate tomorrow, then compare to one year CD, to purchase one of them

The 52 week Treasury Bill auction is not until Tuesday, June 14, 2022 when the rate will be set. Anything published before the auction is strictly an estimate of the expected yield.

However, the estimates are generally very close.

DiscoverBank savings is now at 0.80%.
They must have seen me writing in my daily diary yesterday that they were falling too far behind at 0.70%.

I'm still tempted to bail for Marcus...

CFG Bank MM is now at 1.17%. They have been steadily raising.

My TMobile Money accounts (1.00%) I am transferring there where I have had an account for a couple of years.

CFG Bank MM is now at 1.17%. They have been steadily raising.

My TMobile Money accounts (1.00%) I am transferring there where I have had an account for a couple of years.

Even though we've had a Tmobile account for about a year, I've left money on the table by only keeping about $3,000 in it (to get the 4% interest deal).

It is FDIC insured, but it's just a strange bank. No joint accounts, they reserve the right to severely restrict withdrawals, they offer a savings account that has the same interest rate as the checking account but you must open a checking account first (so why bother), etc., etc. It just has a bunch of odd rules, so my Spider-Man tingly senses just say NO to moving much money there.

Dominion Demand Notes

Dominion Energy demand notes are still at 1.25% for over 50k. I thought they might move up but didn't so moved that money into Treasuries.

Even though we've had a Tmobile account for about a year, I've left money on the table by only keeping about $3,000 in it (to get the 4% interest deal).

It is FDIC insured, but it's just a strange bank. No joint accounts, they reserve the right to severely restrict withdrawals, they offer a savings account that has the same interest rate as the checking account but you must open a checking account first (so why bother), etc., etc. It just has a bunch of odd rules, so my Spider-Man tingly senses just say NO to moving much money there.

Yes, the thing about no joint accounts is just weird. We still have a hefty chunk in the savings but I'm willing to move it as soon as someone else beats it. I'm hoping it's DiscoverBank because I'm long time established there with joint accounts and already linked to everywhere else where we have accounts.

Dominion Energy demand notes are still at 1.25% for over 50k. I thought they might move up but didn't so moved that money into Treasuries.

Yes, I redeemed my DERI, GMRightNotes and Toyota IncomeDriver notes on April 1 when it became apparent that they were all laggards in raising rates and better laternatives were available.

Yes, the thing about no joint accounts is just weird. We still have a hefty chunk in the savings but I'm willing to move it as soon as someone else beats it. I'm hoping it's DiscoverBank because I'm long time established there with joint accounts and already linked to everywhere else where we have accounts.

DiscoverBank is currently at 0.8%.

Question about T-Bill yields: So I purchased $25K of 6-month Treasuries last month via Vanguard that mature in November (first time purchase). The yield at the time of settlement was 1.52%. The purchase price was $99.22 per, so the total amount was $24,805.66.

I understand that when the bill matures I'll get the full $25,000 back. However, it looks like I'll only receive $194.34. 1.52% of 25K is $380.

Something tells me I'm doing my calculation all wrong (and too simply). Can someone shed some light on my ignorance? :)

Question about T-Bill yields: So I purchased $25K of 6-month Treasuries last month via Vanguard that mature in November (first time purchase). The yield at the time of settlement was 1.52%. The purchase price was $99.22 per, so the total amount was $24,805.66.

I understand that when the bill matures I'll get the full $25,000 back. However, it looks like I'll only receive $194.34. 1.52% of 25K is $380.

Something tells me I'm doing my calculation all wrong (and too simply). Can someone shed some light on my ignorance? :)

1.52% is an annual interest rate. Interest rates are always quoted as an annualized rate.

Last edited:

Interest payment is for 6 months. Rate is annualized.

E-mail from Ally. Savings and money market rates going to 0.9 percent. Competition is heating up!

E-mail from Ally. Savings and money market rates going to 0.9 percent. Competition is heating up!

Competition must be getting hot if Ally is finally coming around. Maybe somebody there woke and said "If even dopes like Chuckanut are taking money out of our bank in huge hunks to put someplace else, maybe we need to do something." Glad I could have helped.

Now, I will just sit and wait to see who offers me a toaster when I open my next CD with them. :D

Some MYGA yields will be reduced shortly.

Competition must be getting hot if Ally is finally coming around. Maybe somebody there woke and said "If even dopes like Chuckanut are taking money out of our bank in huge hunks to put someplace else, maybe we need to do something." Glad I could have helped.

Now, I will just sit and wait to see who offers me a toaster when I open my next CD with them. :D

Not to be outdone, Live Oak Savings is going to 1.05 percent tomorrow...

The no penalty cd should soon rise from .85 percent then.

I find it comical the 3 month CD is still .3% and the 6 month is .6%. Who in their right mind would open those?

The no penalty cd should soon rise from .85 percent then.

It better! I’ll be moving my CDs to savings otherwise.

Fun race.

3 month treasuries at 1.2+%, 6 month at 1.8+% - it’s hard for these banks to keep up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom