Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2022 - Please post updates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to share the cusip or name of the issuer?

HSBC 40434AYQ6 paid 91.01 + 0.1 commission - someone was clearly just looking to dump them, current ask is 93 for YTM of 4.73% before commission.

I made a mistake in my YTM calculation in previous post, it's actually 5.207%. Regardless, it bests the new issue brokered non-callables by a good amount.

Live Oak Bank announces an increase in rates on it's High Yield Savings accounts to 2.75% on 10/25 from 2.3% on 10/4.

12/18/24-month CDs are the sweet spot at 3.75% following by 6-month at 3%.

Midland National Insurance Company A+ Rated 5.2% 5 Year MYGAs.

What advantage, if any, is there to a MYGA vs. a government bond? I bought a 19-month agency bond today for 5.18% and the 5-year bonds are at 5.67%, so higher than the MYGA and state and local tax-free. And those rates will probably go up even more when the Fed raises the interest rate next month.

What advantage, if any, is there to a MYGA vs. a government bond? I bought a 19-month agency bond today for 5.18% and the 5-year bonds are at 5.67%, so higher than the MYGA and state and local tax-free. And those rates will probably go up even more when the Fed raises the interest rate next month.

Only tax deferred and protected from litigation in some states.

It's only been 7 days, and American Express has raised the interest rate on its High Yield Savings account from 2.25% announced 10/20 to 2.35% effective 10/27.

Rates on CDs up slightly across all terms, but the sweet spots remain 12/24/60 month CDs at 3.25/3.40/3.50%.

- Rita

Bought 5.8% YTM for 6 months secondary market this morning.

Capital One Brokered CDs available for 4.9%, 5 YR, Non-callable
Yep, just noticed those were available at Schwab this morning. I suspect 5% is just days away for 5yr CD's. (Heck, you can get 4.6% for a 1yr now too) If the Fed raises rates another 75bps next week, as many are talking about, we may see 6+% by year end.

Last edited:
Still waiting for Penfed to catch up with the CD rates! They are still stuck down at 3.65% for 5 and 7 year terms.

Yep, just noticed those were available at Schwab this morning. I suspect 5% is just days away for 5yr CD's. (Heck, you can get 4.6% for a 1yr now too) If the Fed raises rates another 75bps next week, as many are talking about, we may see 6+% by year end.

I hear you ... I keep nibbling at the 5 year CDs ... bought around $50k at 4.3%, 4.5%, 4.75% and now 4.9%.

I think I will keep nibbling in the 5%'s and then go all in (with my fixed income allocation) if and when we see 6%. I am hoping you are right that we will see 6%+ rate this year. I doubt we will see rates much higher than 6%.

Next week, I plan to cancel my GTE 3.5% CDs (6 mos penalty) which will give me extra cash to load into the 5% range. Then, if we see 6%, I will cancel my Andrew Credit Union 3% CDs (12 mos penalty).

I will then be set for the next 5 years anyways. Of course, in 5 years, we could be back to 3% rates.

In my over-exuberance back in August I dropped $70K into a 33-month CD paying 3.2%. Now I am seeing Vanguard offering 3-year rates of 4.9%. I've never cashed a CD in early but it seems the prudent action to take. I think the early redemption hit will be made up quickly with the new higher rate.

Ally Update:
Your Online Savings Account rate is increasing from 2.35% to 2.50% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on all balance tiers. Your new APY goes into effect on 11/02/2022, and will appear in your account on 11/03/2022.

Capital One 3%
Sofi Saving 3%

Juno 5% for upto $10k and 3% for $10k-$250k

I saw this morning that Ally's No Penalty CD rate was 2.75%, at that time the online savings was still 2.35% so not sure if the NP CD went up.

I'm now considering CDs, again.

I have accounts with Navy Federal, Fidelity and Vanguard. Fidelity is the most convenient, so would like to investigate brokered CDs (12-18 month) ... any advice?

I'm now considering CDs, again.

I have accounts with Navy Federal, Fidelity and Vanguard. Fidelity is the most convenient, so would like to investigate brokered CDs (12-18 month) ... any advice?
Just go over to the CD section of the Fidelity fixed income page and see what is being offered. They do a nice job of summarizing the best rate offered across many CD durations, then you can click on the duration and see the different CDs being offered once you login.
https://fixedincome.fidelity.com/ftgw/fi/FILanding#tbcds|treasury|cd-new-issue

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom