Best Credit Card for Large Purchases with 0% interest for xx Months

Others have mentioned this, but you absolutely need to make sure that the CC will be accepted after the job, without additional surcharge.

I ran into this, with roofer wanting additional 5% because it cost him that much to run my CC. Of course I new it wasn't true. After brief discussion I got him to put a 2.5% credit on the bill, as the estimate and invoice did not mention anythign about a CC surcharge. I had the cash, and it didn't matter either way. I wrote him a check and made him drive to me to get it.

I own a tree care contracting business that I do on the side, and I charge anyone who doesn't pay in cash 5% more. Its just incentive for them to pay in cash. The fee to swipe is 2.9% plus a .45c txn fee/surcharge. I just pass the fee along to my customer.

Sometimes people try to give me a check as cash...which isn't cash. I'm talking cold hard, you can smell the green cash. That way I don't need to report it to the IRS as income. The perks of owning my own business.

I own a tree care contracting business that I do on the side, and I charge anyone who doesn't pay in cash 5% more. Its just incentive for them to pay in cash. The fee to swipe is 2.9% plus a .45c txn fee/surcharge. I just pass the fee along to my customer.

Sometimes people try to give me a check as cash...which isn't cash. I'm talking cold hard, you can smell the green cash. That way I don't need to report it to the IRS as income. The perks of owning my own business.

Nope:
Actually that's illegal, it's what Capone was jailed for.
The IRS view is that you do need to report cash as income.

We would miss your participation if you were caught.. :flowers:

Looking at the details. It looks like you don't have to own a business to apply for the card.

That's right, you don't. I have been approved for several "business" credit cards over the years, even though I never owned one. Anyone, technically, can be a freelance contractor operating as sole proprietor.

Well. I was wrong. I talked to a Chase credit card representative and you need to have a business to apply for the Chase Ink Business Cash credit card.

Back to the research.

Last edited:
Looks like the best offers for me at this time is the following. I'm already pre-approved for the Chase unlimited card. In addition, Chase allows you to transfer your credit limits amount Chase cards.

Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
Chase Freedom Unlimited®

We are rebuilding our retirement home using 0% CC from several different stores. Depending on the store and amount, time ranges from 6 to 36 months. one was at 3.9% for 36, and paid off in under 18. Beware that most of these will accrue interest at HUGE rates and miss a minimum payment, or still owe $1 at the end... they charge the complete interest. As other said, a contractor will probably add some % for using a card. We are doing the work ourselves so the store cards work for us.

What CC did you get? Just curious.

It was the early days of Capital One Savor. No annual fee & $500 cash reward. We opened 1 each & between the spending and bonus we were up around $1,100 off of the remodel.

We did the same with Sapphire cards last year and got approx $1,000-1,200 each card due to referral bonuses and spending. "pay yourself" option gave you a 1.25 for every point. At the time, they were giving 80k pts bonuses+15k referral bonus+spending...

It was the early days of Capital One Savor. No annual fee & $500 cash reward. We opened 1 each & between the spending and bonus we were up around $1,100 off of the remodel.

We did the same with Sapphire cards last year and got approx $1,000-1,200 each card due to referral bonuses and spending. "pay yourself" option gave you a 1.25 for every point. At the time, they were giving 80k pts bonuses+15k referral bonus+spending...

Did the Chase Sapphire card have 0% introductory APR?

^^^^^
I can see the desire for the 0% intro APR , if one doesn't have the $15K lying around in cash or something easily cashed.
Although that magic thinking also is that OP will be able to now save $1,250 per month to put toward the debt.

The value of the rewards from some CC cards vastly outweighs the interest earned at 1% on $15K for a year, which amounts to $150

Check out the Doctor Of Credit website. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-current-credit-card-sign-bonuses/

You should get a credit card with the most lucrative sign-up bonus for your lifestyle. Look through the list of best CC sign-up bonuses at the link above. Your anticipated spend of $12-15K should be enough to get you just about the highest possible bonus available for opening a new credit card account. I'm pretty sure you could get a sign-up bonus in the range of $700-1,000 for that level of upfront spending.

I am in the process of getting a $1000 bonus (what the points are worth) with the Capital One Venture X with $10K of spending. That offer is expired though. You are in the ballpark.

I am in the process of getting a $1000 bonus (what the points are worth) with the Capital One Venture X with $10K of spending. That offer is expired though. You are in the ballpark.

Wow. How long did the offer last? Were this a targeted promotion?

The Venture X offer was good for a couple of months - not targeted. I am in some travel hacking groups which is where I found out about it. 10X Travel is really good.

The Venture X offer was good for a couple of months - not targeted. I am in some travel hacking groups which is where I found out about it. 10X Travel is really good.

Can you PM me the travel forum name.

Bank of America "Unlimited Cash Reward" card. ~$200 bonus after $X charged in 1st 90(?) days. No interest until May 2023. If you are in the preferred level you get 2.625% cash back.

Pay the IRS with this card, fee is 1.85%, so you come out ahead. And you have 13 months to pay it off.

Can anyone recommend the best credit card available for large purchases with 0% interest for xx months.

If I understood you correctly, Citibank gives $300 bonus if you deposit $15,000 and leave it there for 90 days. No other requirements. $700 bonus with $50,000 deposit and on to the sky lol! They also offer credit cards.

To get good offers I go to: depositaccounts.com; bankbonus.com; bestcashcow.com; others. I hope you can find what you are looking for. good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom