Better right than happy?

We have been married for going on 38 years. We don't "yes, dear" each other. My wife, who is a saint, is very tolerant. She states her opinion but usually lets me get away with what ever I want. I have had very trying times with my being sick for years on end and my being depressed and horrible to live with for years on end (separate instances). She suffered through it and now we are greatly happy with each other. The key word to the success of our marriage is "Tolerance."

She is very unhappy and depressed for "going on years" right now from her job. I say she should retire but she is worried about running out of money. I have tried my best to show her the financial facts but still she worries and is unhappy.

I think the greatest thing ever would be for both of us to be retired while still "healthy." I said "healthy" because we are both disease ridden but not suffering from that right now so I want to vacation now and be sick later. I also think that would cheer her up. If she stopped worrying about running out of money.

Mike D.

Back
Top Bottom