Bidet?

Bidet? Have one, used one, want one or not?

• I've used one.

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • I'm going to get one.

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • I have one or more.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • OMG, gross. I'm sorry I read this.

Votes: 24 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Having never used a bidet I can only surmise, perhaps incorrectly, that an issue is the duration of the drying process sans toilet paper. It makes me wonder if in general bidets are more often found where the local populace tends to have less body hair, especially in the body region being water sprayed.

The fancy Japanese bidets have air driers. However, I've found that residual wetness is very quickly not a problem. The toilet paper can be used to blot dry but very minimal is needed. I've been using them in Thailand which is always hot and sweaty. The residual turns out not to be much more than sweating.

Yes, I use the paper to "blot" once. I look at it after.

If any "brown" is seen I push the button again and sit a while more.

After no brown is found I flush it all down.

Fini.

I didn't answer the poll since I felt no answers fit. That is, I haven't used one, don't have one, don't currently plan to get one, but don't find them gross. I just hadn't really thought it before. This thread makes me interested I guess.

One question I do have: How do you make sure the water, umm, hits the right place. Do you have to angle it each time you use the toilet or what?

W2R - I haven't come across a bidet. I've traveled quite a bit in the US and never saw one. When I was in high school (early 1970s) I went on a trip to Europe and have a very vague recollection of seeing one maybe at one of the hotels. But, if I did, I didn't use it (and I may be remembering something from a movie).

I did spend a few weeks in Vietnam some years ago, but the hotels I stayed in had regular toilets and no bidet.

I've been to England a few times as an adult and didn't see one there either....

One question I do have: How do you make sure the water, umm, hits the right place. Do you have to angle it each time you use the toilet or what?

For the Washlet-style bidet seats, or toilets with built-in bidets, the controls usually include "front" and "back" buttons (the "front" button would be more typically used by women), and buttons to adjust the position back and forth. Some have oscillating action back and forth, and you can adjust spray width, water pressure and temperature.

IMG_1479744751.737727.jpg

I didn't consider the questionnaire multiple answer as it seemed a given, that if a person had one, that they used one.
I'm also sure some folks did check off box 1 and 3 while others checked box 3.
So trying to do any statistics is invalid for those choices.

Biobidet E3 install

I got it in after getting the required adapter. The supply line is an M12 x 1.75 thread, a real oddball. Since I'm connected to a water heater and not tapped into the cold water feed to the toilet, it was needed.

So, "bottom" line, (hehe) it works great and you can even clean the nozzles before cleaning yourself which flushes the room temp water from the 5 feet of hose connecting it to the 2.5 gallon water heater in the cabinet. The heater is set to 100 degrees so the temp is perfect and it doesn't use that much power at that low temp setting.

So, there you go, installed, close up of the control and the water heater which makes it so nice.

Attachments

• Bio-bidetE3open.jpg
    Bio-bidetE3open.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 35
  • biobidetE3control.jpg
    biobidetE3control.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Bio-bidetE3heater.jpg
    Bio-bidetE3heater.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 41
The Brondell Swash 1400 I pre-ordered from Kickstarter arrived yesterday and I installed it today.

34257742352_1885fc3509_z.jpg

Now I won't even have to turn on the light when I get up at night to pee - :)

The Brondell Swash 1400 I pre-ordered from Kickstarter arrived yesterday and I installed it today.

34257742352_1885fc3509_z.jpg

Now I won't even have to turn on the light when I get up at night to pee - :)

Like the night lite feature. Aging prostate with older bathroom...you get the picture. No place for nightlight so 15 days a month I have the light of the moon...

Funny that this topic came up. Just finalizing re-models of two bathrooms and we've included bidets in both. After many years of Japan travel this is one of those things that puts the US behind (no pun intended) Japan in bathroom design. I'd also include heated bathroom mirrors that don't fog up. FYI, the Toto C200 washout can turn a standard toilet into a Bidet.

Last edited:
That is a standard cheap (less than a hundred bucks) toilet with a $500 bidet seat on it.

With infrared remote control. And programming for two people with 2 nozzles with location, width, motion (back and forth), pressure, temperature, seat temperature and warm air dry. Self cleans and sterilizes before and after and the blue light is just cool.

Try it, you'll like it - :)

we had a house built in 2011, the bride wanted this :Kohler K-4886
Memoirs bidet, plumbed for vertical spray bidet faucet, we had a friend think it was a water fountain, another thought it was a urinal. just to be clear, i love , love, love, love, love this thing. would never ever move anywhere with out getting one. it took me 49 years to get one , man this is living, its the simple things in life that make me happy.

Like the night lite feature. Aging prostate with older bathroom...you get the picture. No place for nightlight so 15 days a month I have the light of the moon...

Maybe until you can get a bidet installed, you could just use a stick-on battery operated motion detector nightlight.

I was having some problems running into things or tripping and falling in low light situations. So, I installed and use these in several places in my home. You really can just stick them wherever you want on the wall, and they stay there firmly. I only have to change the battery every six months or so. I put up multiples of them so that when the batteries die in one, there is still some light from another one so I don't fall.

I have the Brondell 1000 (and before that, an 800). The 800 had the nightlight feature that I always turned off (my bathroom has adequate night lighting). I looked at the 1400 but the improvements over the 1000 (for me) were not worth buying again. (I note that Costco has the 1000 on sale right now.)

The Brondell bidet has helped me a lot.

:LOL:The other night making a midnight run the image of your bidet popped into my head. I cracked a little laugh as I thought about the "blue light special". Mixing the image of your bidet and K-marts special sales.:LOL:

Installed the electric outlet for a bidet when we renovated our bathroom. Have not bought one, though.

Back
Top Bottom