Black Friday Not So Great Deals

I missed the Chase CC offer.

It doesn't expire for another 20 days if you have it.

It is only in their Chase Mobile app not their Chase Pay app and not on their website.
People who don't have smartphones are penalized.
:rolleyes:

And the app only works with Android 6+ ; I don't know about the requirements for iOS.
People who have smartphones but not the latest ones are penalized.
:rolleyes:

I happen to have a tablet that runs Android 6, so I was lucky.

The crazy shopping of BF baffles me. I guess it is like sport? Kind of like crazy people who go deep in the woods with a metal detector? To each their own I guess. Just not my cup of tea.

The crazy shopping of BF baffles me. I guess it is like sport? Kind of like crazy people who go deep in the woods with a metal detector? To each their own I guess. Just not my cup of tea.

I agree mostly. I just buy stuff when I decide I want/need it. If the planets align and it is within a week or so of Black Friday I might wait, but otherwise I ignore it.

I agree mostly. I just buy stuff when I decide I want/need it. If the planets align and it is within a week or so of Black Friday I might wait, but otherwise I ignore it.

I agree. Same here. I did look around on line but as the thread title indicates, no great deals. DD was at Target so I did ask her to pick me up a flannel shirt they had on sale for $7. She asked what color. She doesn’t understand being retired, I don’t really care what color it is. Especially for $7. She didn’t give it to me so I suspect I may find it wrapped for Christmas. Good enough. It’s a bit strange but good not to need anything.

I am a little behind the times. do the ssd drives replace the hd in your laptop? do you have to remove the hd and install the ssd?

I am a little behind the times. do the ssd drives replace the hd in your laptop? do you have to remove the hd and install the ssd?

Yes, and that is the just the first step.
With some laptops it is a one-minute job removing the hard drive.
With others it requires a complete disassembly.
You'll want to read your owner's manual first before making a purchase.

1. purchase SSD
2. clone your current hard drive to the new SSD using a USB-to-SATA adapter
3. remove old hard drive
4. insert SSD
5. cross fingers
6. power up laptop

[-][/-]

Unfortunately, they "save" a lot of the bargains on tech for this time of the year.
I bought an Amazon kid edition tablet to donate.
The cheapest price is now without having to jump through hoops of using American Express membership points or Citi points.

Picked up an iPad for $249 off the Costco.com site. Good deal if you are looking for an iPad.

Don't mistake Optane memory for RAM. The Optane tries to turn a standard hard-drive into an SSD, & does a pretty good job, depending on the file sizes you work with. I won't go into caching techniques because you don't care, but Optane is a good thing to have.

Back
Top Bottom