Brrr...

You must have insulation problem.

My electric bill is 250 for a couple of months in the summer, 5000 square foot.

Now we are at about 350 for propane. This winter is COLD.

Maybe, no longer my problem. We had 4000 SW ft in MO and DW knows a thermostat is how you made ice for the summer. I'm assuming our rates were different.

Do you mean 350 a month for propane? We spent 400 a year for it. Again DW thought the thermostat was for cooking in the winter. Of course there was a few hundred monthly in electric when it was cold.

Our biggest savings are from property taxes. We're saving 5k yearly on that.

A few years ago, we had some foundation work that required us to remove our HVAC systems. Since it's easier to layer up in the cold than to cool off when it's hot, we had the work done over the winter and spent 3 months with no central heat. End result was a storage closet full of space heaters.

Our home office is in the daylight basement, which is generally pretty temperate year round, but if it's a little chilly, I just shut the door and run the space heater for a few minutes, rather than heating the entire basement.

when i had the six-plex, I would walk into a tenant with the heat cranked up to 80. Never again will I own a landlord-paid heated unit. That boiler was something else...it got a workout.

Then, they would have the windows open because it was too hot. :facepalm: Mind you this is 0 degree weather.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom