Can I do anything to stop all the Ads?

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Is there anything I can do to stop all the Ads that appear on this site? They cover up and or push the contents of the site to the bottom or in inconvenient places on the page I'm on.

I'm not trying to start anything or complaining, just wondering if there is anything I can do to stop the hassle of these Ads?

I seem to recall seeing ads in the past but not recently. I didn't install any ad blockers or do anything special but I did update my browser recently (Firefox)...

I don't have any issue and also use firefox.
I also am signed in.
I think firefox has as standard some settings to block trackers and ads, as some other sites I go to ask me to turn off my ad blocking, but I don't have one.

OP - What browser , OS, do you use ?

I use Brave browser for this site.

Ad Block. an extension on Chrome

Last edited:
Are you logged in when you are viewing the site and seeing all the ads?

I have noticed many more ads when I am not logged in.

-gauss

Are you logged in when you are viewing the site and seeing all the ads?

I have noticed many more ads when I am not logged in.

Yes, the forum is set to serve you fewer ads if you're logged in.

Beyond that, there are settings in most browsers that control what you see, and ad blockers that work with just about any browser.

When I first read your post, I thought to myself "what ads?" I use Safari on an iMac and the ads are all on the right side of the screen, outside the field of view. I don't even notice them.

Yes, when logged in. I just stay logged in for ER and nevah log out.

I don't recall seeing any ads when I am logged in, lately. I used to see ads years ago, but they vanished for some reason.

I use Microsoft Edge and I delete my cookies and temporary internet files every weekend right before I do my backup. I don't use any additional ad blocker.

Yes, when logged in. I just stay logged in for ER and nevah log out.

Doesn't ER kick you out if you leave this site after some short period of time?
I normally don't log in when just viewing things here and recently notice a lot more ads......no problem if they're just on the side but I see them between posts; sometimes so many that I think that the thread has ended but sometimes they cluster 2 or 3 together before another post starts. Never seen it as bad on any other sites. Using Chrome.

ETA: I didn't see any ads on this thread when logged in.
After I logged out, the usual infestation returned.

Last edited:
I didn’t see many ads here. I use Safari and Ad Blocker on mobile, and FireFox on PC.

I don't recall seeing any ads when I am logged in, lately. I used to see ads years ago, but they vanished for some reason.

I use Microsoft Edge and I delete my cookies and temporary internet files every weekend right before I do my backup. I don't use any additional ad blocker.

I use edge also, and I did go to setting and changed to strict blocking. I hope that solves my problem and hassle with Ads. It was getting really bad and frustrating and didn't have any issue with one other outdoor site I visit on a regular basis.

kaneohe>>> No, nevah had a problem with ER kicking me off. I come to the site so often I just stay logged in. It is the only site I do stay logged into thou.

I've been getting more ads than I used to also. I went ahead and logged in and it has removed most of the ads. So thanks for the tip!

I now have zero Ads since I changed my setting. This just started a few days ago so not sure what changed to make me have all these Ads, but now nothing.

I used Firefox, recently changed to Microsoft Edge and have AdBlocker on both. Zero ads. The only thing AdBlocker can't block are some news and private info sites like medical or subscriber sites.
It's easy to disable the blocker temporarily to see just how many ads are blocked. I'm amazed and cant' understand why anyone doesn't use an adblocker.

I use edge also, and I did go to setting and changed to strict blocking. I hope that solves my problem and hassle with Ads. It was getting really bad and frustrating and didn't have any issue with one other outdoor site I visit on a regular basis.

Hope that takes care of it!

Is there anything I can do to stop all the Ads that appear on this site? They cover up and or push the contents of the site to the bottom or in inconvenient places on the page I'm on.

I'm not trying to start anything or complaining, just wondering if there is anything I can do to stop the hassle of these Ads?

Can you tell me something about your device and browser? We have ads but they should not cover up content. if there's a config issue I'd like to research and fix it....

is it any particular ad causing an issue or is it a generalized issue?

Janet H >>> PM Sent.

Thank you!

I now have zero Ads since I changed my setting. This just started a few days ago so not sure what changed to make me have all these Ads, but now nothing.

what setting did you change?

^ Tracking Prevention and picked Strict Block. This is in settings I did a search in settings with ADS or Tracking Prevention and you will find the settings you want.

I hope that helps

Thanks for asking this Street. I had ads on the right hand side. I am using a Mac desktop and Safari. I went into Safari, then preferences and checked block for the pop up windows and now I am not seeing any ads. Hope it stays this way.

Great! I hope so too. Man it was annoying and the Ads were very persistent.

Can you tell me something about your device and browser? We have ads but they should not cover up content. if there's a config issue I'd like to research and fix it....

is it any particular ad causing an issue or is it a generalized issue?

I have also started to see alot of ads and they do cover up the content. Also, the ads move higher on the screen as I scroll down, then they suddenly drop out of view and the full content displays again, but then I have to scroll back up to find the sentence I was just reading. Some of the ads are static but some are animation or video that appears right on top of people's post content. See examples attached. You can see the large portion of the screen that is taken up by the ads.

This start a couple weeks ago. I am using an iphone and safari. This behavior does completely go away when I am logged in.

image0.png

image1.png

image2.png

Back
Top Bottom