Can you rewatch movies?

Can you watch movies (& other TV shows) over and over?

• More often than not, I can't

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • More often than not, I can

Votes: 25 55.6%

• Total voters
What we've noticed is that we will start watching a movie we think we have never seen before, and about 15 minutes into it, realize we've seen it before... but we cannot predict the next few scenes, sometimes we do know the ending but the middle part is a blank. So we still enjoy it.

We joke that should we both get alzheimer's really bad, we can just buy 5 movies and watch them repeatedly to the end.
+1. We've realized we're watching a movie we've already seen about 15 minutes in, but we remember and stop, as far as we know. Then again, we'll never know for sure - which speaks to your second observation. :cool:

I can't do it...I watch a movie once and that's it.

I once told someone that I originally saw Star Wars at a movie theatre when it first came out and have never seen it since, and have no interest in seeing it again. They didn't believe me... :LOL:

If they pop up on TV and I'm bored, I'll rewatch some of my favorites like: "Saving Private Ryan", "Good Fellas", "Pulp Fiction", "2 Lane Blacktop", and "Barfly" (the last two I always have to watch by myself because I've never ever found anyone who liked them!). Because I have real bad tinnitus, I leave the T.V. on when I'm sleeping, so I can wake up for the middle-of-the-night whiz and something will be on I've seen before, so I'll watch it until I fall back asleep.

Absolutely, and it is easy for me. If I really like the movie or show I can watch them over and over again with periods of time in-between of course. :)
More so for movies than shows, but if they make my grade they will probably get watched more than once.
Very good ones in the Sci-Fi or Fantasy genre I can, and have, watched many many times.
I enjoy watching movies and shows, so I watch a fair amount. Sometimes I will just have it on in the background and only pay close attention at certain points that I really like.
:)

My answer is that I usually do not.... but there are a few classics that I will watch after a few years of not watching, such as Clint Eastwood....

Now, when I was young, a friend and I used to watch Star Trek and we watched so often we could say which show it was in 15 or so seconds... sometimes it only took a few...

Today, there are so many more options that I really do not want to watch again.... however, my gym has a movie room and I usually go in there and watch 45 minutes of whatever movie they are showing... some are really bad and I go back to the real gym, but some I just use to take my mind off the tread mill...

Yes.

heh heh heh - Too many to list. :cool: I try not to memorize the lines though.

Other than 'play it Sam or you'll put your eye out'.

My answer is that I usually do not.... but there are a few classics that I will watch after a few years of not watching, such as Clint Eastwood....

Now, when I was young, a friend and I used to watch Star Trek and we watched so often we could say which show it was in 15 or so seconds... sometimes it only took a few...

Today, there are so many more options that I really do not want to watch again.... however, my gym has a movie room and I usually go in there and watch 45 minutes of whatever movie they are showing... some are really bad and I go back to the real gym, but some I just use to take my mind off the tread mill...

Star Trek played at 6PM every night for years and years. Watched them all over and over again with my family at and after dinner as a teenager in the 70s. It turns out so did DH and his family. We both know the whole series.

I can watch anything over and over.

A lot of it is the music, the acting, etc. Same with music. The more I listen to a piece, the more I appreciate the nuances, the more the best parts get stuck in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

For me it depends a lot on the movie, but there are many that I can enjoy repeatedly. A partial list includes;

Last of the Mohicans (1992)
Lord of the Rings
A Bridge Too Far
The Music Man
The Matrix

I'm sure there are more, those are just the first ones that come to mind.

Last edited:
I tend not to rewatch truly exceptional movies despite loving them the first time around. I tend to get the intended experience the first time thru but not after. On the other hand, I can watch action thrillers again and again. I even enjoy them as background while reading. Maybe it is because I know what is coming, kind of like a catchy tune. Some comedies are like this as well (e.g. Animal House cited above).

I can watch Devil Wears Prada on loop if need be.

Out of Africa, every few years, still weep at the same point every time lol!

Back
Top Bottom