Can you solve my MagicJack issue?

Sue J

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We've had Magicjack for 10 years, it's been fine for what we need. We are on our third unit, bought last year as the earlier one got flaky.

Everything has been fine until a few weeks ago. When our son calls from his IPhone the call disconnects after 30 seconds. He calls right back and then 30 seconds later the call is gone. Very frustrating! He's on AT&T. DH has an IPhone as an additional line on our son's AT&T plan. This call dropping also happens if DH calls home to the MagicJack.

Our other son has an IPhone with Verizon, this does not occur when he calls us.

I have an old flip phone with Verizon, no problems at all with calling home.

This problem only occurs when son or DH calls home. We can call out to DHs phone and do not get disconnected. Haven't tried calling the son because he's working and pretty fed up with our tech issue!

I have tried searching for this online and I'm not finding anything current. Any mention of dropped calls after 30 seconds are from many years ago. As for general MagicJack problems we've restarted the modem and the router and also put the MagicJack on it's own power strip.

I know there are some very bright, experienced folks here. So can anybody give me a clue as to how to remedy this? Is it a MagicJack problem? An AT&T problem? An IPhone problem?

Maybe I'm searching for the wrong term or looking at this incorrectly. I'd like to get this solved.

We've had Magicjack for 10 years, it's been fine for what we need. We are on our third unit, bought last year as the earlier one got flaky.

Everything has been fine until a few weeks ago. When our son calls from his IPhone the call disconnects after 30 seconds. He calls right back and then 30 seconds later the call is gone. Very frustrating! He's on AT&T. DH has an IPhone as an additional line on our son's AT&T plan. This call dropping also happens if DH calls home to the MagicJack.

Our other son has an IPhone with Verizon, this does not occur when he calls us.

I have an old flip phone with Verizon, no problems at all with calling home.

This problem only occurs when son or DH calls home. We can call out to DHs phone and do not get disconnected. Haven't tried calling the son because he's working and pretty fed up with our tech issue!

I have tried searching for this online and I'm not finding anything current. Any mention of dropped calls after 30 seconds are from many years ago. As for general MagicJack problems we've restarted the modem and the router and also put the MagicJack on it's own power strip.

I know there are some very bright, experienced folks here. So can anybody give me a clue as to how to remedy this? Is it a MagicJack problem? An AT&T problem? An IPhone problem?

Maybe I'm searching for the wrong term or looking at this incorrectly. I'd like to get this solved.
Sorry don't know how to fix your problem but if it continues, you may want to check out the OBI200 series with a free Google Voice account. No additional charges once you buy the Obi which costs around $60 or so although they do go on sale a lot. I've been using it for many years and don't pay a dime. 911 service would cost a small monthly fee but if ever needed my cellphone is available for 911 calls. Very rarely does a Spam call get through Googles filters.

Sorry don't know how to fix your problem but if it continues, you may want to check out the OBI200 series with a free Google Voice account. No additional charges once you buy the Obi which costs around $60 or so although they do go on sale a lot. I've been using it for many years and don't pay a dime. 911 service would cost a small monthly fee but if ever needed my cellphone is available for 911 calls. Very rarely does a Spam call get through Googles filters.

+ 1
Same here, exactly.
Love it, free phoning to Mexico, within USA , and Canada. :dance:

Since only ATT phones are having this issue I would say it's their problem. Worth a call to magic jack as well.

Been on magic jack for several years without issues.

Back
Top Bottom