car battery charger

If selling is a no-go...maybe have that neighbor go over and start it, drive it around a loop and back for 5 mins once a week? No car left months on end is going to work well on demand every time.

Short drives actually do more harm than good, to the engine oil, battery, and exhaust system.

Condensation in the engine and exhaust needs to burn off, which doesn't happen until the engine is fully warmed up. The battery won't charge much on a quick drive, and there is some loss from the startup.

Short drives actually do more harm than good, to the engine oil, battery, and exhaust system.

Condensation in the engine and exhaust needs to burn off, which doesn't happen until the engine is fully warmed up. The battery won't charge much on a quick drive, and there is some loss from the startup.

good to know - it started yesterday and i drove it around the block 4 times

my order from amazon is due today (CTEK charger and maintainer)

good to know - it started yesterday and i drove it around the block 4 times

my order from amazon is due today (CTEK charger and maintainer)

4 blocks is not enough. More like 15-20 minutes running time to reach full operating temps. Good on ordering the CTEK, those work great.

4 blocks is not enough. More like 15-20 minutes running time to reach full operating temps. Good on ordering the CTEK, those work great.

I know, it's all I had time for. I was pretty fired up that it started.

Gonna connect the CTEK tomorrow and be good (I think)

I know, it's all I had time for. ...
Probably you increased the amount of acids and contaminants in the oil. To underline what others have said, the car needs to spend some time at full operating temperature in order of the evil juices to evaporate. If you are fortunate enough to have an engine temp gauge, you can watch the needle climb, then slow and stop. If no gauge, there are inexpensive OBD Scanners and apps that will show you lots of interesting things, including engine temp. Try "obd engine monitor" at Amazon or eBay.

Back
Top Bottom