Car Indulgences - Driving 3 Cars

I don't think I've seen one on the road yet.... Sure sounds like you got one of the first ones alright.... I'll bet it handles and performs different with that mid engine design.... Sure looks different than the C7....

Congratulations....

I've only seen 1 other C8 in my area and it's a friend's 2020 C8. He got the Long Beach Red with the 2 tone red/black interior. I got the Elkhart Lake Blue with black interior.

edit: The first time I had it out, a car with 2 young guys followed me and videoed the car. I went to a local park to get some pictures and 2 families came over and asked to have their pictures taken with the car. The car draws a lot of attention.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^
Something like this? Very cool..

th

I have a 2016 Audi A5, and a 2017 F150. On the allocation list for a C8, hope to get by September/October this year, a 2022. If you want the car get it while you still want it. If you wait too long it won’t matter anymore because you eventually will not want it.

I was going down 45 over the weekend and a guy in one of the new Corvettes took off beside me . There was no rumble , it had a strange sound . Almost like a bunch of marbles on steel . Scared me to death.

One of the things that has always concerned me about a vette is that it would be hard to really enjoy it. At least in Michigan. Our roads are so bed, I can't imagine how bad a vette would ride. To the point of damage. Further, it would be hard to ever really push a car like that. I'm sure it can hit 100 without hardly any effort. Sure, there's the every once in awhile opportunity to get on it, but really, not too often. If I had a vette, I'd want to get involved in an organized track racing club or something like that so I could really drive that beast. IMHO, the new ones look great, but the previous model stingrays was one heck of a nice looking vette with just enough of a nod to the past stingrays yet totally modern. I envy you all a little that have either one but I'm more of a late 60's muscle car fan at heart.

Never been much for sports cars. Really prefer old classics. I would love to have a Deusenberg. Since I don’t have a extra million to sink into a car I’ll have to forgo that dream…

Bought the DW a bucket list convertible Mustang last May on our 32nd anniversary. Definitely been a blast, good weather date nights include a drive somewhere & are lots of fun. We're off for a 4 day Route 66 road trip next week for our 33rd.

IMHO, the new ones look great, but the previous model stingrays was one heck of a nice looking vette with just enough of a nod to the past stingrays yet totally modern. I envy you all a little that have either one but I'm more of a late 60's muscle car fan at heart.

If I could have any vette, it would be the 1963 split window.

I'm sure the newer vette's could run rings around it, but I don't care.

We have a Corvette - a C3 on the outside and a C6 underneath. We’ve had Vettes for years and we’ll drive it quite a bit in the summer, but park it for the winter. Still worth it.

I have been in part time retirement mode since the end of 2019 with plans to start withdrawals in 2022. My biggest vice is probably cars... I like (and enjoy) a nice car and currently drive a 2019 AMG GT 53 and my wife drives a 2019 X5. While I don't drag around clients anymore, I "compromised" with the practical side of my brain by owning one 4 door sedan and one SUV which was good for some hardware store pickups and hauling extra peep(s) and luggage on vacations. On my car bucket list has always been a convertible 911 Cabriolet, but if I did buy this car, I feel the need to have some other vehicle with some "practicality", like a pickup, as I would not drive the 911 every day and want something else that made some sense.

So here's my rub and my questions... indulgence aside, am I setting myself up for a big disappointment (i.e. "2 best days... bought a boat/sold a boat")? For those of you who have the extra "fun" car, how often are you driving it compared to the other car? Any regrets, glad you you have the 2 car combo, do it differently next time? What cars do you own?

I get it's all personal, but curious of the experience of those who might fit in this category.

while not in the same league price-wise we also have three cars...all jeeps. my wife drives a '10 Liberty, "my" Jeep is an '03 2D Wrangler (recently been thinking of replacing my Wrangler). and then my "fun" vehicle is my 1946 Willys. i drive in dry weather year 'round (winter when wind chill is 40 or higher). the Willys belonged to my grandfather and i dread the day when i'll be forced to sell 'Willy'.

I sold my C5 last year, and needed a replacement. So I'm picking up this C6 tomorrow.

C6.jpg

On occasion I’ll just a rent a fun car when I feel the need to for a vacation. The enterprise in town is one that carries that kind of stuff. Way cheaper for me in the long run and it makes it more of a special event

Buy the Porsche.. But I'm biased. Having said that, I've never sold a Porsche for less than I paid for it.

My current daily (for about 2.5 years now) is a 996 turbo.

Love rowing through the gears in my vehicles and I don't get asked if someone can borrow my cars since they find even know how to drive a stick shift.

We have 2 cars and one driver. DH no longer drives(stopped around 3 years ago). His car is a Mercedes convertible. We bought it in 2010, a couple of years after he retired, as our beach car. It still has only 60,000 miles on it. We are using it less and less. I'm mindful of the insurance and registration costs, along with maintenance. One if these days we will probably sell it. I prefer driving an SUV. We replaced our 2010 Mercedes ML 350 last year with a newer version.

Well, we have 5 cars right now. I would like to consolidate a few and save some money, but on the other hand, they are all paid for and would be expensive to replace. We each have an SUV, we also have a "travel van", a diesel 4X4 pickup for hunting, etc and a race car (currently a VW GTI).

Our third car , probably the cheapest , and easiest cars to fix up . A Mustang , they are for sale everywhere low prices , enjoyable and easy to fix up. We. Have a 2002 V6 Coupe just turned 90,000 miles 5 speed . Originally paid 2400.00 for it from the original owner . We joined the local Mustang club and have enjoyed turning the little car into a cool car .
A V6 or Turbo 4 Mustang with a manual transmission has crossed my mind. Probably lower maintenance than the VWs I've been considering.

The Mustang has been a lot of of fun . By no means is it as fast as the Corvettes but repairs are pennies . We joined Mustang Club America which has chapters all over . Our little car is not a show car but is nice.
We do a lot of cruises before covid our club hosted the regional cruise in . We had 1800 Mustangs . It was at an air museum So of Houston , it was fun . Four P 51 Mustangs did a flyover . Mustangs are like the old air cooled VW , simple

The Mazdarati was a good purchase. Lock down last year with 'drought' conditions gave us many days of driving around in circles with the top down.
2 cars for just me. I'd like to add a pickup or SUV but don't really need it.
Buy the Porsche. Life's too short.

If I could have any vette, it would be the 1963 split window.

I'm sure the newer vette's could run rings around it, but I don't care.

I belong to a F/B Group called Full Octane Garage Community which is essentially a car club out of Franklin, TN--just south of Nashville.

The area has an incredible number of collector cars, many of which you'd call high end. Some of these guys have garages as nice as homes with numerous cars--some on lifts to have room for more toys.

The administrator just finished having a custom frame fabricated with modern Corvette running gear.

The body is a '63 Sting Ray split window coupe and the interior looks like the original interior. And this car is absolutely breathtaking.

Don't have 3 cars, just have one. But have 2 motorcycles and 1+2=3 :)

Funny story on a corvette split window. Before covid we would go to the Nifty Fifties every Saturday night in the Woodlands.
A guy had an old split window corvette on a flatbed wrecker for sale . We asked him how much he said he won it in a raffle and would take 90,000. Went around the show and were talking to a man and a lady at one of the cars . We told them about the corvette. His wife Said hon , I want that car . When the show was over we seen them and she did buy the car.
She was so happy , she said they paid 88k . Then she asked if I wanted to buy her show car.
I asked which one was hers , we walked over she had a 1957 black Chevrolet convertible with red leather interior . How much 150,000. She is one lucky gal.

We have 3 vehicles between the 2 of us and 1 more in pieces in the garage.

I have an Acura TLX. My GF has a 2017 Colorado, a 1999 Pontiac Sunfire convertible that was passed along from her mother, and 90% of a 1949 Ford Anglia that is in pieces in the garage.

Back
Top Bottom