Carnival of Personal Finance

JLP

Dryer sheet aficionado
I just wanted to let everyone know that Week 3 of the Carnival of Personal Finance is out.  You can check it out hereWeek 1 and Week 2 are also available. 

Oops. Somehow the URL was wrong. I fixed it now. Sorry about that.

JLP,

You are a confessed financial planner :p yet you also describe yourself as an early retiree. I find that a bit confusing, but guess I shouldn't be surprised since you chose to title this thread as a "Carnival" of Personal Finance. Do your clients get a trip through the Fun House?

REW

Where do I refer to myself as an early retiree?

On the left side of the page, under your name. Thanks for the links.

Thanks. I don't know how that got there, but I fixed it. Sorry for the confusion.

As for the word "Carnival," it's a silly internet term. I didn't come up with it. There are all kinds of "carnivals" (Capitalists, History,...). Anyway, sorry if I ticked you off.

I would rather we not start of wave of blog links. If you have a thought just post it. :mad:

wildcat said:
At least you are fee based  :-\

Actually, I am fee-only. A broker/planner could be "fee-based" and still use load mutual funds. A fee-only planner's fees are paid directly by the client. I mostly charge by the hour but am able to do assets under management if a client desires that. My AUM fees are pretty reasonable compared to market averages.

JLP a bit more info than I care for (sounds too much like a sales talk) and I hope you don't bother posting more blog links. I am a bit leary of new members that post links to promote themselves or their ideas. Thanks.

It isn't sales talk. I'm just clarifying for the record.

Back
Top Bottom