Cloud printing problems need help please

Mulligan

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My vista laptop is at the end of his career, so I thought it would be a great idea to get a google chromebook and replace with wireless printer. I got an e print ready printer that would print google. They say they are out of box ready. Well this has been a calamity. Bottom line I can print wirelessly from my old laptop with the new printer, but can't with my chrome book. Any suggestions? I have my gmail account set up and try to print off the chromebook but nothing happens. It acts like I don't even have then in synch with each other.

Further clarification...when I hit print of chromebook it gives me a choice of save to google drive or print to fed ex office (like that is what I want to do). Then it has a link that says connect your printer to google cloud link. This doesn't do anything for me. And yet the printer is supposed to be cloud ready and print in seconds out of the box. Yet all I can do after two hours is print from the computer I wanted to throw away!

rbmrtn said:
I think you first have to install the printer to google cloud. On the menu with the printer choices there is a link "Connect your printer with google cloud print" , select that and another page opens where you add the printer.

some more info Connect your printer to Google Cloud Print - Google Chrome Help

Google Cloud Print Help

Google - Cloud Print

Thanks, but there is where I can't get untracked. Those links say the HP printers are already set up and there is no need to do anything. I wonder by downloading the info on my laptop it is "stealing " the signal. I had no intention of using that one but I started fooling around, and that probably gets me in trouble! I am really caught in a circle as the links and directions just keep re-routing back through the loop. A man has to know his limitations. I should have just bought a new laptop!

Do you get to the printer installation page ? I believe you still have setup the printer, it's not completely ready out of the box. For the HP you have to register the printer on HPs eprint and then tell google cloud to use the HP eprint email address ( never as easy as advertised )

Google - Cloud Print

rbmrtn said:
Do you get to the printer installation page ? I believe you still have setup the printer, it's not completely ready out of the box. For the HP you have to register the printer on HPs eprint and then tell google cloud to use the HP eprint email address ( never as easy as advertised )

Google - Cloud Print

This is part of the craziness for me. I did all that on the laptop and can enter the HP website on it, but the chromebook won't even let me open up the HP account. It leaves a message- Ajax submit error 403 forbidden. I don't get it! Have any other ideas, rbmrtn? I willing to try them. Because if you don't either the printer or the chromebook is going to get stomped on in a fit of rage. I just havent decided which, but one of them is going to have to pay the price!

rbmrtn said:

Google - Cloud Print

You saved me, RBMRTN! This is insane. Out of desperation, I just hit your link and signed in my gmail account through here on my IPad 1, and message got through on it to my google printer setup in chromebook. I have now tried the printer on my chromebook and it works. I find it ironic that the IPad 1 which is incapable of wireless printing is the one that assisted me.Thanks again, you have spared me from a childish temper tantrum! :) I still have no clue why I can't access the HP account through the chromebook, but hopefully now that doesnt matter.

rbmrtn said:

At least I am not the only dumb, frustrated one. I downloaded app. For IPad but no luck yet. Will have to play with it some. Now I have to figure out why my chromebook only prints in black and white, while the laptop is printing the color. BTW- you are not charging me for all this help are you? :)

Back
Top Bottom