Confused about email on profile.

dessert

Full time employment: Posting here.
I'm new here and my email address is on my profile. Am I the only one that can see it? I have checked the box that says "hide from public", but it looks like it is not hidden. Is this normal?

dessert said:
I'm new here and my email address is on my profile. Am I the only one that can see it? I have checked the box that says "hide from public", but it looks like it is not hidden. Is this normal?
You'll always be able to see it when you're logged in.

If you log out and check your profile then your e-mail address is hidden.

I am new too and can see my email address on my profile. Can I get it off, please if it's out there for the spammers? Thanks

outtarentals said:
I am new too and can see my email address on my profile. Can I get it off, please if it's out there for the spammers? Thanks
Outtarentals, and everyone else who's been e-mailing and PM'ing us about this,

Go to your profile (click on the word "profile" at the top center of the page) and choose the "Account Related Settings" option from the list on the left-hand side of the Profile page. If you want to hide your e-mail address then make sure that the "Hide email address from public" box is checked.

When the box is checked then the only people who can see your e-mail address are the board's admins, the moderators, and you. You can only see it if you're logged in.

You can test whether your address is hidden from spammers and the rest of the board members by logging out, searching for your profile from the "Members List", and trying to see your e-mail address on the profile.

Some of us use an e-mail address that's able to handle large amounts of spam and is already "out there" on spammer mailing lists. So I don't mind making it public. You may want to do the same for yourself from Hotmail or Yahoo! or one of the other free web-based services.

Back
Top Bottom