Covid Positive Regen-cov

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I have tested positive for Covid. I was vaccinated he wasn’t. He is sicker but I am also very sick. I just received a call and we have been offered an in home nurse visit to administer REGEN-COV.

It’s an EU drug cocktail, think med Trump got when he was hospitalized.

My question is related to the medication would you take it.

And please someone smarter and more coherent than me at the moment give some helpful input

Thanks

So sorry to hear that you are going through this. Our son was treated successfully with MABs when he was in hospital with Covid.

All the best to you.

On the latest This Week In Virology podcast he said that even if you were vaccinated and then get Covid you should go get the monoclonal antibodies, assuming you qualify.

A few weeks ago he gave an example of an elderly couple that ended up in ER both with Covid. They were both offered MAB. She took it. He didn’t. She recovered, he was in ICU at the time of the podcast.

On the latest This Week In Virology podcast he said that even if you were vaccinated and then get Covid you should go get the monoclonal antibodies, assuming you qualify.

A few weeks ago he gave an example of an elderly couple that ended up in ER both with Covid. They were both offered MAB. She took it. He didn’t. She recovered, he was in ICU at the time of the podcast.
This!

There have been at least 49 confirmed COVID deaths here in NJ in previously vaccinated people. All over 50. Most (30) over 80. If you get COVID, vaccinated or not, and meet MAB criteria, TAKE IT! COVID can and does still kill people even after the vaccine.

The best thing is to move to Canada. As of today they have supposedly passed the UK in percentage of people vaccinated. Only Israel is ahead of Canada and just by a smidgen. Congratulations to my neighbors up North.

@EricTopol
Jul 24
Today's the day Canada will surpass the UK for fully vaccinated. Keep showing us the way

I can't wait for the border to open.

Last edited:
So the nurse is coming tomorrow. Turns out we will be given 4 subcutaneous injections not an infusion. Hopefully it helps.

DH had symptoms first. Then me. Then his 28 yo DD who was also vaccinated. DH got tested 2 days before me. Dumb move but I figured I was vaccinated. DH lost his sense of smell Saturday I lost mine yesterday ( Tuesday) . DH has being running a fever for 4 days has more gastrointestinal symptoms while mine are like a severe cold with a cough.

I will post more tomorrow hopefully when feeling better. Thx for all the input

How are you all doing? Better I hope.

How are you all doing? Better I hope.

Yes I am completely recovered. Thank you Alan and to those that sent positive thoughts.

DH is very slowly improving still getting a fever once to twice a day weak as a kitten and down 19 lbs in a week. (not a big guy either)

I have refrained from posting for the simple reason that I really didn’t need the judgment of internet trolls.

Hey you don’t know us so why be kind. It’s a sad time we live in.

Maybe our experience could have helped someone or even made a few people contemplate their vulnerability. Thanks but no thanks I am still on the treadmill w DH and I don’t have the patience.

Well glad things have turned the corner for both of you. .Glad you got the in home injection

I don't see unkindness ot trolling here. A lot of posts here showed concern for your family I'm sorry that's how you feel

Yes I am completely recovered. Thank you Alan and to those that sent positive thoughts.

DH is very slowly improving still getting a fever once to twice a day weak as a kitten and down 19 lbs in a week. (not a big guy either)

I have refrained from posting for the simple reason that I really didn’t need the judgment of internet trolls.

Hey you don’t know us so why be kind. It’s a sad time we live in.

Maybe our experience could have helped someone or even made a few people contemplate their vulnerability. Thanks but no thanks I am still on the treadmill w DH and I don’t have the patience.

I am glad to hear about your recovery and DH's improvement!

Great news indeed!!!!!

That is really good to hear. I expect your DH is on the way to recovery as well, my sister and her husband had ups and downs during their recovery but got there in the end after a few weeks.

Glad you are recovered and your husband is continuing to improve. Was his daughter also able to get the antibodies injections?
Take it slow, it may be a bit before you are all feeling completely well.
Rest and take care.

This alone is a huge eye opener plus the recovery time. I’m guessing you didn’t lose any weight? Thanks for sharing some of your details.

Just an update DH is recovered. We believe the MAB was a godsend. Our sense of smell is hit or miss taste diminished. We take a walk each evening to help with DH stamina. I also walk 4-6 miles most mornings with a friend but avoid the big hills. I lost a few pounds while sick. I didn’t eat for 2 days then I relieved that’s no way to heal so I focused on consuming at least one meal high in protein. DH weight loss was visible and dramatic. Essentially having high fevers for 10days burned away the weight.

My negative comments above were based on those commenters who decided this thread was an appropriate place to debate vaccination. It wasn’t and isn’t. I am so tired of that debate. It pulls people apart. It has divided people here and in my own family circle.

We where told by the MAB nurse that we most likely had the delta variant which makes sense since tons of vaccinated people we know have gotten it. DH family up north just got Covid. 5 in the household 2 children. We haven’t seen them since last year.

DH believes he was infected by BFFs DD who is now 4 and in preschool. She was the only visibly sick person he was close to prior to getting sick. She was never tested but her father no longer has a sense of smell but was negative.

DH DD is well and at 28yo was the least effected and had coldlike symptoms for a few days. She did not need or receive the MAB.

Again thanks to those who cheered on the MAB literally took 1 day after for me to be well and helped DH turn the corner in 1 day but he took the full 5 days to stop the fevers.

Be well, be safe.

That sure is good news. Thanks for the update, and hope the recovery goes smoothly.

+1

Last weekend we entertained a niece and her husband. They both had Covid in February and while he had no symptoms she was pretty ill. Since recovering, which took many weeks, she has been walking and hiking to get her fitness up and is planning to walk with a group up Mt Snowdon in Wales next month. We hiked about 8 miles with them, about 1,200’ elevation and she was brilliant, never needed her inhaler even once. (She has had asthma since childhood)

Just an update DH is recovered. We believe the MAB was a godsend. Our sense of smell is hit or miss taste diminished. We take a walk each evening to help with DH stamina. I also walk 4-6 miles most mornings with a friend but avoid the big hills. I lost a few pounds while sick. I didn’t eat for 2 days then I relieved that’s no way to heal so I focused on consuming at least one meal high in protein. DH weight loss was visible and dramatic. Essentially having high fevers for 10days burned away the weight.
Really appreciate the update and a few more details you shared. I’m sure glad you decided to start eating again ha ha. And delighted at your fast recovery.

Best wishes for continued recovery for your family.

Last edited:
Fantastic news on you and your DH. Great to hear that the MAB treatment worked so well.

Great news.
Glad you have both recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom