Craigslist Crackdown?

bank5

Recycles dryer sheets
I just posted a service on Craigslist. I was surprised to find that you now have to create an account to post to this section. Once I set up an account I went to post but then they make you verify your phone #.

It didn't take long and was an easy process but does anyone know why they're implementing these security features? I'm not sure but am guessing to cut down on spam and/or because of the Craigslist Killer.

In response of increased use of Craigslist by prostitutes. Not that I'd know firsthand................

I do not use Craigslist but I heard about the prostitute thing on the news over and over.

So it would not surprise me that after putting Craigslist through hell that there are major changes.

That to me is a total double standard.

Think about it. It's a tragedy for sure that some people got killed.

But where I live over the years we have had so many pizza delivery drivers shot and killed that it's too many to list. I'm sure if you add the amount of them up nationwide over the last decade you would get a huge number.

Anyone that has either delivered pizzas or knows anyone that does can tell you that at least 98% of the people are just too lazy to pick up their pizza it's not a "need".

But do they crack down on pizza delivery and make it illegal....NO!

And the amount of people killed doing that is far far far greater than what happen on Craigslist!

Jim

I do not use Craigslist but I heard about the prostitute thing on the news over and over.

So it would not surprise me that after putting Craigslist through hell that there are major changes.

That to me is a total double standard.

Think about it. It's a tragedy for sure that some people got killed.

But where I live over the years we have had so many pizza delivery drivers shot and killed that it's too many to list. I'm sure if you add the amount of them up nationwide over the last decade you would get a huge number.

Anyone that has either delivered pizzas or knows anyone that does can tell you that at least 98% of the people are just too lazy to pick up their pizza it's not a "need".

But do they crack down on pizza delivery and make it illegal....NO!

And the amount of people killed doing that is far far far greater than what happen on Craigslist!

Jim

And the only reason they could catch 'the craiglist killer' was because there was an etrail; now in their wisdom, they have removed that possibility.

Back
Top Bottom