🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I think it maps to golf pretty well, on a "hard course":

1 - hole in one
2 - eagle
3 - birdie
4 - par
5 - bogey
6 - double bogey

I think there's more luck in this game than golf, though; you could easily get a poor score through just bad luck.

I got a birdie today!

Wordle 239 3/6*

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not that it changes the game.

Wordle Blocks Certain Words Following New York Times Switch

Players notice that shortly after the acquisition, The New York Times began removing offensive words, slurs, and slang from the popular game Wordle.

In an email sent to Polygon, a New York Times representative stated that "offensive words will always be omitted from consideration." The representative also revealed that since Wordle has just been acquired by The New York Times, the publication is still in the process of removing offensive words from the game. At the time of writing, players will no longer be able to use gendered and ethnic slurs and other offensive profanities. Doing so would prompt the game to flash a "not in word list" message, encouraging players to come up with a different guess.

Last month is was confirmed that the popular online puzzle Wordle had been bought by The New York Times for a fee of more than $1 million.

Since The New York Times acquisition, some players grew concerned about whether Wordle will remain free on the Times' website. However, Wordle creator, Josh Wardle, confirmed that the game would continue to be free of charge upon selling it to New York Times. This remains to be the case for now, though it wouldn't be unlikely if The New York Times decides to require players to have a subscription to continue accessing Wordle in the future.

Last edited:
Wordle 239 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got a birdy today! My second out of 28! I thought of a couple of eagle words, but backed off and after my second starting word had 4 letters with two green :)

Wordle 239 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜����⬜��
����������

Edit: How do you paste this so it renders correctly. I pasted and it showed fine in the draft but upon posting the green and yellow boxes turned into question marks.....

Wordle 239 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜����⬜��
����������

Edit: How do you paste this so it renders correctly. I pasted and it showed fine in the draft but upon posting the green and yellow boxes turned into question marks.....

If you're using a computer, you need to be in "Advanced Mode" (click "Go Advnance" below the text entry field) before you do the paste. Not sure how to do it you're using a phone. Perhaps the same way.

I picked a bad day to finally turn on hard mode. But I made it! Just took some thought.

Wordle 239 5/6*

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

If you're using a computer, you need to be in "Advanced Mode" (click "Go Advnance" below the text entry field) before you do the paste. Not sure how to do it you're using a phone. Perhaps the same way.

Worked great - thank you! I don't think I would have EVER thought of that..... :facepalm:

OMG.... My first Eagle.

Wordle 239 2/6

🟩⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not that it changes the game.
Yes, there's no need to put something objectionable in there...the list is plenty long.

Out of curiosity, I compared the lists. Out of the 25 things removed, 20 were things I'd call epithets, and I imagine internet and real-world fights breaking out as a consequence of one of those words. But ALL of the epithets, save 1 mild one, were removed from the guesses list. So those would never be the word of the day, and now they can't even be used as a guess.

Of the remaining 5, all in the answers list, one was a UK vs US spelling difference. Two, I couldn't figure out why at all, and two I thought might be overly PC, but I guess better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Wordle 239 3/6

🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This is what I get when I post using advanced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom