Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wordle 241 4/6*

🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Kept moving around the 3 wrong-place letters I had in the first guess till the third try... Then wracked my brain to come up with words that fit...
Good thing it was my guessed word - I couldn't think of any other words that fit.

I was certain that my 3rd word was it! Nope, close but not it. I needed to get to 5 today.

Wordle 241 5/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I find I can't do Wordle without a piece of paper to write on, or it would take even longer without paper. Anyone else? The updating keyboard certainly helps, but I still have to see the correct and correctly placed letters on a piece of paper as I develop all the words that might work, and those that won't. DW always takes longer than I do, but she doesn't use paper.

Last edited:
I find I can't do Wordle without a piece of paper to write on, or it would take even longer without paper. Anyone else? The updating keyboard certainly helps, but I still have to see the correct and correctly placed letters on a piece of paper as I develop all the words that might work, and those that won't...

I often use paper and pencil for Wordle. There is still a place in the world for people like us.

My typical 4 again today in Hard Mode, got the archive (Day 21) in 3.

Neither took me very long, the archive I actually got pretty quickly. I don't buy the "getting harder" comments, it's random, some will be hard or not, largely depending on you 1st couple guesses. Although, you could objectively see some things in some recent words that made them a little tougher to visualize. But I don't attribute that to the changeover.

I find I can't do Wordle without a piece of paper to write on, or it would take even longer without paper. Anyone else? The updating keyboard certainly helps, but I still have to see the correct and correctly placed letters on a piece of paper as I develop all the words that might work, and those that won't...

Yes, I need paper, but I am a very visual learner/thinker anyhow. I think this also comes with aging, harder to hold a lot of info in the brain at once? I mentioned, my son-in-law goes through these super-fast. I seem to have trouble just thinking of *any* word to fit, let alone think about whether this word is better than that word type strategy (though I definitely do that when more than one word pops up in my head). To me, the real fun is getting multiple words and analyzing which is best, but I get stuck thinking of any word.

-ERD50

Did it in 2 today. Been averaging 3-4 and only once in 5. It’s easily becoming an addiction!!

I totally need paper... Kind of like a 5 letter hangman... I need to see what letters go where (or don't go there.)

I totally need paper... Kind of like a 5 letter hangman... I need to see what letters go where (or don't go there.)

Me too--I have some scratch paper I use for Wordle. I got it in 3 today so not much paper used.

Wordle 241 5/6

��⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜��⬜⬜
⬜����⬜⬜
����⬜��⬜
����������

Sometimes I have to use paper, most of the time I do not.

The old site is still open and has a different word today which I would never have got in a million years, not sure it's even a word. If you have a redirect blocker you're probably still on the old site.
Apparently my son in law has a blocker and asked his wife for help which is why they discovered the issue.

Funny you posted this. My son was just telling me that he and his girlfriend had that happen today. He is apparently on the old site and she is on the NYT site. He even tried the word on the NYT site as one of his guesses but it was of course incorrect. I would never have gotten the word he had.

Someone had asked earlier what word might be the WORST starting word.

Jazzy is the worst I can come up with…

I’m thinking the worst starting word might be β€œmamma.” It gives you only two letters out of 26.

The old site is still open and has a different word today which I would never have got in a million years, not sure it's even a word. If you have a redirect blocker you're probably still on the old site.
Apparently my son in law has a blocker and asked his wife for help which is why they discovered the issue.

I really wish that I had saved the original site! I like to be challenged!

How do we get to the original site?

Wordle 241 5/6

��⬛⬛⬛⬛
��⬛��⬛⬛
⬛����⬛⬛
������⬛��
����������

Thought I had a really great word for the fourth row and jumped the gun!

Someone had asked earlier what word might be the WORST starting word.

I’m thinking the worst starting word might be β€œmamma.” It gives you only two letters out of 26.

'Twas I who asked. I have to agree that "mamma" is an execrable starting word. The surprise to me was that it is a word! I had never seen it before. I thought only mama or momma filled that space. But lo and behold: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/momma

Momma is an informal word for mother.

Momma is also commonly spelled mama. Less commonly, it can be spelled mamma.

You would need to block the redirects, that's a tech question but the address would be

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

Good luck with the word....

Yes, I assume the reason some have been directed to the old, and some the new, is that the Domain Name Servers have not been updated at all areas yet. It takes time for the updates to propagate through the system (at least as I understand it, I'm no expert on this stuff).

And I don't know how to force a redirect, maybe you need to enter the old IP address, rather than name?

-ERD50

Wordle 242 4/6

��⬛⬛⬛��
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛��⬛��⬛
����������

Had to work a lot at this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom