Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first fail! :(

What's worse, I guess I tried to go a little too fast, or was distracted, and I made a mistake on my second guess - I repeated a "yellow" in the same spot. I wish "Hard Mode" (or "Extra Hard Mode") would enforce that, but it was up to me and I screwed up. Later, I had two guesses left, but three possible words, and luck went against me this time. That looks like a similar pattern for many today.

I was mad at that mistake, so I opened a private window, and tried again, but forcing myself to use guesses that weren't too good, to try to make it more like I didn't already know the answer. That led to a strange word (had to use a site that offered up 5 letter words with y,z letters in them), but not too strange for Wordle to accept.

With that, but following a strict version of "Hard Mode", I still ended up with more possibles than remaining tries, so I figured it could have been bad/good luck that determined it for me. In most other games, I think I mostly had fewer remaining valid words than guesses left. Not this time.

-ERD50

Wordle 243 4/6*

⬜?⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜:confused:
⬜⬜:confused:
:confused:??

Tried to get clever on 2nd try with a word that used less common letters... wrong guess - but gave me a defined set of choices... two words popped into my head immediately - and I chose the wrong one first. LOL

Wordle 243 4/6

��⬜��⬜⬜
��⬜⬜⬜��
������⬜��
����������
I thought about using the correct word on line 3 but then decided to try a more "common" word. It was wrong, so I tried the earlier thought and got it in 4.

Wordle 244 5/6

[emoji833]?[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833]?[emoji833][emoji833]?
[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833]:confused:[emoji833]

A little tricky.

Wordle 244 4/6

[emoji833]??[emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]?
??[emoji833]?[emoji833]
Guess I’m in the lead among todays early players [emoji2371][emoji1787]

A second fail for me. Quite ashamed. I should have had it.

Double bogey, whew is right!

Wordle 244 6/6

⬛?⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛?⬛?
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛:confused:⬛

phew...
Wordle 244 6/6

⬛⬛⬛?⬛
⬛?⬛?⬛
⬛⬛?⬛?
⬛?⬛??
⬛:confused:?

Wordle 244 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜?
⬜⬜?⬜⬜
⬜?⬜?⬜

Wordle 244 4/6

[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]?
[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]?
[emoji834][emoji834]?[emoji834]?

A tough one today!

Wordle 243 4/6

⬜⬜?⬜?
:confused:⬜?

Best start ever and still took 4th line

Wordle 243 4/6

⬜:confused:?
?⬜:confused:
?⬜:confused:

Wordle 243 6/6*

⬜⬜?⬜?

Kept my streak alive at 34 but could have easily lost it. After #3 there were too many possible words that fit that 4th letter. :eek:

Wew! That last letter was tough.

Wordle 243 6/6

⬜??⬜⬜
?⬜?⬜?

I started off great, then barely made it in.

Wordle 243 6/6*

⬜??⬜⬜

Wordle 243 6/6

?⬜?⬜?

too many choices

Wordle 243 6/6

?⬜⬜?⬜
:confused:⬜⬜
⬜??⬜?

Yikes! Took six and I had three words that would work in guess 6.

A strategy I read yesterday, which would apply to situations like this one (and I didn't post it yesterday, because it may have influenced those who still hadn't played the day...)
Assumes not using hard mode:

"The good advice I was given when I got blown out recently was to not, if you've achieved four correct letters properly positioned, keep plugging away at the missing letter, but to try entirely new words to prune the possibilities."

So...rather than keep stabbing away (shake, shale, shame, shape, whatever), instead use one turn, one row that uses as many of those possible options in one. M L K P whatever, find a word to use as many of those and you'll eliminate multiple word choices, and maybe get one of those letter to go yellow, and you're off to the races.

30 in a row!

Wordle 244 4/6

[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]?

Wordle 244 4/6

⬜⬜?⬜?
⬜?⬜⬜⬜

Normally I start with the same 3 words, but I had a solution guess for word 3 today. It wasn't right, but gave me enough to solve in 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom