Daycare costs.

How much do you pay for daycare per child per month?

• Under 200

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 300-400

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 400-500

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 500-600

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 600-700

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 700 or more

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Having kids is a lot of responsibility and certainly costly; that said, it's all worth it from my stand point.

Your kids must not be that old. ;)

Seriously though, my kids are finally starting to do stuff/get stuff by themselves. Though, it's actually more like them demanding to do it themselves, like:

Son: "Daddy, I'm getting the milk BY MYSELF! Now get away from me."
Me: "Okay, just be careful."
Son: "Ok-aaaaay [eye roll]."
[two minutes later]
Son: "Daddy, someone spilled the milk. I'm going in the living room, now clean up that milk."

Yes, he's only 6 and he's already mastered the art of the "eye roll" and "the look." Though, it did take him 3 yrs longer than my 2 yr old daughter.

Every time they do things by themselves, I'm thinking "I should get the video camera 'cause this is either gonna hurt or be hilarious."

Your kids must not be that old. ;)

The kids are 6,3 & almost 1.

We do get the attitude, eye rolling and the drama king/queen routines too (We have a lock on Obie awards for childrens' performance if they are giving one).

We see the kids get older by the day, but we still see the wonder of our kids' childhood in the little things that they are still capable of.
I figure until they are 10, they still need their daddy and mommy so we're making it count.

It's a crazy life that we live, but it's really for the kids that we earn money and struggle so mightily.

Now that we have our kids, we can't imagine a life without them.
They are truly our biggest blessings.

We just had our first and are looking into daycare. Short term my wife is staying home until he is 5 months old and then we have both sets of grandparents clamoring to take care of him a couple days a week each.

In looking into daycare we found that the local one costs 1400 per month... uh. Wow. And it has a waiting list. OK then! Moving on, we'll have to look for more affordable options, which I'm sure exist, and we will only need it part time as I am off Thursdays and Fridays and she is off Sat and Sun.

Depend on where you live but it will be somewhere around 1K a month at least for a five months old baby.

We just had our first and are looking into daycare. Short term my wife is staying home until he is 5 months old and then we have both sets of grandparents clamoring to take care of him a couple days a week each.

In looking into daycare we found that the local one costs 1400 per month... uh. Wow. And it has a waiting list. OK then! Moving on, we'll have to look for more affordable options, which I'm sure exist, and we will only need it part time as I am off Thursdays and Fridays and she is off Sat and Sun.

This thread reminds me of something funny I heard at a PTA meeting. A dad with twin girls going into kindergarten said:

"Now my mortgage payment drops to a car payment"..........:)

Damn. Not never having children. I didnt realize how expensive daycare was.

Damn. Not never having children. I didnt realize how expensive daycare was.

On the other hand, raising kids bring joy to our lives that cannot be counted in dollars and cents. Expensive is just a number afterall.

My parents came to this country around the same age as myself (early 40) with three kids and no 'career paths'. I shudder to think what they went thru.

I pay the nanny and thank my lucky stars that we have it so good.

DW decided to 'test' ER when our first kid was born. She liked it so much that the 'I'll go back to work when they are in school' thing never happened. Took me 30 years to join her. Friends who did the daycare route with 2 workers are still working. YMMV.

On the other hand, raising kids bring joy to our lives that cannot be counted in dollars and cents.

And being free to enjoy our lives without being shackled by the responsibilities of having children brings joy to our lives that cannot be counted in dollars and cents.

See? It works both ways.

This thread reminds me of something funny I heard at a PTA meeting. A dad with twin girls going into kindergarten said:

"Now my mortgage payment drops to a car payment"..........:)

We say something similar at our house...if we pay our house mortgage off by the end of this year, we'll have two mortgage payments (2 kiddos at daycare) instead of three.:D

Marquette, there is an old thread somewhere around here where the menfolk get all up in arms about the big "V". Pretty funny, actually, as Nords was trying to convince them it wasn't all bad. DH had it, too, no big deal.

Totally OT from daycare costs, but there you go!

Back
Top Bottom