Dental...Need a Couple of Crowns

Or you could go to Mexico and pay 1/3 of the cost. Our recent trip saved us a pile of money and I was very pleased with the cleanliness and no pain!

There's a huge medical tourism business on the Mexican border, and many such dental clinics have good reputations. The English use European budget airlines to go to Budapest and other large cities to get dental care without having to deal with their national healthcare system.

But if you go for medical or dental work outside the U.S., it's best not to go for implants. They take too many visits to the dentist. They'd be okay for crowns, root canals and bridges, however.

My wife had a crown and an implant. Took 2 visits each on 2 trips spaced 4 months apart. No different than having it done in the USA other than the 2 trips over there. Oh yeah and the $ savings which was quite a bit even with the travel.

I just had temporaries fitted, like you, easysurfer, but was not offered the option of gold, so went for full porcelain. I just called them up and asked why. They said that they can do gold, but normally only offer it when there is not enough of an occlusion (of which I am told, I have plenty).

When learning that I'd need 2 root canals and 5 crowns, I purchased a cheap dental "insurance" plan with DeltaCare US for $135/year because, as well as offering 2 cleanings per year as part of the plan, and a few other things, like X-rays, the negotiated rates on other procedures saved me money over the uninsured price. My out of pocket cost is $410 for a root canal, $670 for a porcelain-fused-to-metal crown, and $820 for a full porcelain crown. I think I'll go with these full porcelain crowns, see how long they last, and then maybe do the gold thing in the future if my experience warrants.

I'm going to make full use of the 2 "free" cleanings per year, and pay for an extra 2, at $100 a time. I'll be getting a full cleaning every 3 months. I want to keep all my teeth and think that, in the long run, the extra cleanings might be cheap insurance.

I am a little envious of your upcoming gold crown though, easysurfer :D

Where on their website did you get a quote for $135 per year. The cheapest plan I saw was almost $70 per month. If you could send a private message with a link I would be forever grateful:greetings10:

Back
Top Bottom