Earth just rang like a bell

Curiouser and Curiouser...

Strange worldwide seismic event on Nov 11, 2018... originating from Mayotte Island [off the coast of Africa]... which belongs to France, is called the "Island of Death" and is now suffering massive illegal alien invasion... around the time world leaders had gathered in France to memorialize the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1 [Nov 11, 1918.]

" Mayotte, one of the four islands in the Comoros archipelago, used to be a French Overseas Territory but now is part of France, the 101st departement of the Republic

Most recently, the racial tension on Mayotte boiled over resulting in anti-immigration groups deporting hundreds of Comorans from their village homes as they protested what they called "clandestine immigration".

Since visas to enter Mayotte were introduced in 1995, thousands of islanders from Grande Comore, Anjouan and Moheli have drowned trying to get there...

... Protests against the economic crisis and illegal immigrants from the Comoros islands have paralysed the island.

Mayotte has been in turmoil since mid-February, with roadblocks, a general strike and protests. "

I never knew about this small archipelago near Madagascar and the controversy regarding the split when 3 of the islands wanted and gained independence from France, while the 4th one, Mayotte, voted to be part of France. So, I spent some time researching this subject and here's my synopsis.

Despite the protest of the other 3 islands and the condemnation of the UN that France did not let Mayotte go, the people of Mayotte have had a much better life since the referendum in 1974, while the independent islands suffered economic hardship, plus multiple coups averaging one every 2 years. People of the Comoros have been risking their life on crowded boats to come to Mayotte to seek a better life, despite being rejected and hated by the people of Mayotte.

So, it looks like independence is not all that great when you are a poor country and without a stable political system. This is a very interesting serendipitous history lesson for me.

We are now back to the earth ringing phenomenon...

Hey, for a guy who spent half his life underground and then came to the surface to root for the Steelers, I think you are doing just fine.

Well, around here you were born to root for the Steelers. I am glad that you understand my educated ramblings.

The point there I was trying to make was just because you found a logged temperature in a ship's records from last 50, 75 or 100 years ago, it does not mean that it is an accepted temperature to be used for any credible study...

I'm sorry I'm not making myself clear.

Good points. What's not clear is that I don't recall anyone suggesting we did - or should - use an old ship's record or a WalMart thermometer for anything.

Mystery solved!

These Very Long Period signals, called VLPs, are harmonic and low, reminiscent of a double bass or large bell. And their 20- to 30-minute signals could be detected hundreds of miles away.

The earthquakes and signals were coming from about 22 miles off the eastern coast of the island. Researchers couldn't see any signs of volcanic activity in this area, but they suspected that magmatic processes may be forming one.

Unfortunately, there was no seismic network on this part of the ocean floor, meaning they were only able to get measurements from the island, Madagascar and Africa.

But they noticed a lowering of the island's surface by seven inches, indicating activity linked to the earthquakes.

New seismological methods developed by the researchers helped them piece together a year-long timeline to reconstruct what happened. Their study published this week in the journal Nature Geoscience.

The first phase involved magma rapidly rising from a reservoir in the mantle 18 miles below the Earth's surface. This opened a channel in the ocean floor, allowing the magma to flow and begin forming a new underwater volcano.

An oceanographic campaign in May 2019 showed that a volcano had formed in the same spot.

During the formation of the underwater volcano, earthquake activity dropped, and the ground of Mayotte lowered. Then, the VLP signals began.

"We interpret this as a sign of the collapse of the deep magma chamber off the coast of Mayotte," said Eleonora Rivalta, study co-author from the German Research Center for Geosciences GFZ. "It is the deepest and largest magma reservoir in the upper mantle to date, which is beginning to empty abruptly."

See: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...und-the-world-uncovered/ar-BBYN2oY?li=BBnb7Kz

Back
Top Bottom