Ebay Order - Well, that was fast!

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I ordered a part for a camera on ebay a couple days ago. Order ships from Japan to the states. Sent FedEx. Got an email with tracking show the part is already out for delivery today. That's only 2 days.

I was hesitant and didn't order a camera from Japan in the past as figured might get tied up in shipping. Now, wished I had ordered for a better bargain.

Guess all depends on seller and shipping service, but I'm impressed :).

Stuff from China still can take weeks to arrive.

We placed an order for 2 items from AliExpress on Sept. 19th. Of course we knew they were coming from China and that it would be a long wait. Cheap stuff, free shipping, we knew what we were doing.

I've been watching the tracking and the movement from China to US was slow but steady. Then my item got stuck in Illinois (customs, I think) for a week. DHs item moved through customs and then showed up locally and was promptly delivered on October 2nd (13 days).

My item showed up one town away on Oct. 3rd, and was picked up by USPS. It's now 3 days later and tracking shows no new movement. This is not a crucial piece of equipment, it's a stuffed toy (Gromit from Wallace and Gromit) for the 2 year old grandson.

There should be a button that you have to agree to and click acknowledging that you are buying cheap stuff from who-knows-where and it's going to be a while and a half until you get it.

DH is pleased with his item and mine is within 5 miles and will get here sometime before the first snow. Total for both items was $15 (FREE SHIPPING!) so we shouldn't complain.

Back
Top Bottom