Euro 2020

2 very nice goals so far, and now overtime, another 30 minutes. We are getting our money’s worth with this match.

It has been end to end, very good game so far. Good crowd at Wembley to give a good atmosphere

That was not a very convincing shoot out.

Still, so far half my prediction has come true. Tomorrow shall see if the other half does.

The match was well played and both sides fought hard, except the second overtime period, where both teams looked out of energy. The shootout was disappointing, but Italy scored more and moves on.

I’m exhausted. It has been 55 years since I last watched England win a semifinal of a major tournament.

England played better, but that was a lame way to win.

Hopefully the final will be better. A good match with a clean win.

I’m exhausted. It has been 55 years since I last watched England win a semifinal of a major tournament.
Congratulations, mate. A well deserved win. I hope they do the same to Italy. :)

Edit to add - DW invited some people over and I missed the last 10 minutes of regulation time along with the overtime periods. Just saw the foul and goal on ESPN. Heartbreaking for Denmark.

England v Italy will be a tough match.

Last edited:
Gli Azzuri will be tough. Let's lift a pint to the Three Lions in hopes for a victory.

I have a lot of British friends and I am happy for them. But, I have a lot of Italian ancestors, and... well.... Blood is thicker than water. So, Forza Azzurri!!!

Edited to add: Either way, I will be happy with the winner. I would love to watch the game at the 3 Lions pub in my area. The place is infested with British Ex-pas. Anyway, it is already booked up for the match. Besides, if I got a bit too excited over an Italian goal, I might not make it out in one piece. :)

Last edited:
I watched it in a pub packed with 3 Lions supporters and it was a heckuva atmosphere..

I didn't think that England looked as sharp overall as they did against Ukraine. Mind you, Denmark I feel was a far higher quality of opponent.

I can't remember the last English side with this level and depth of talent though. I think Kane is a good Captain and he was sure quick witted to grab his own rebound like that yesterday.

Either way, I feel like Sunday will be "epic"

Rule Britannia !

The Copa America final between Brazil & Argentina is tonight at 8pm EDT. I think that in the US, the game is on FS1 & Univision (Spanish). Played in Brazil but without fans. This will also be a match between ex-Barcelona teammates Messi & Neymar.

Among the elite group of players football fans consider as contenders for the title, best player of all time, Brazil's Pelé and Argentina's Diego Maradona are probably the most famous, and generally dominate polls on the subject. Some of their fellow countrymen also feature regularly in such debates. The next most notable pair are perhaps Garrincha (Brazilian) and Alfredo Di Stéfano (Argentine). The most dominant figures from the two countries in the modern game are Neymar (Brazilian) and Lionel Messi (Argentine). Both Pelé and Maradona have declared Neymar and Messi their respective "successors".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina–Brazil_football_rivalry
This will be a fitting end to the 2021 comeback year for cup competition around the globe. Messi is my sentimental favorite on Saturday night.

On Sunday I'll have no favorite team or player. Afterwards I'm sure there'll be a few.

Congratulations to the Italian side. Forza azzurri!

The English lads played a hard game. They came in second and Italy second to last.

I'm in shock. The English team chocked. All that superior talent could not come up with a win.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Italy, their international pedigree shone through again.

Earlier in the day I saw a cartoon of a man walking past a hospital that had a sign outside saying “Protect the NHS - If it goes to penalties, close your eyes”.

I knew it was all over once we went to penalties.

Last edited:
Alas, we live in a world were 2nd place is awful. Sort of like wining a Silver medal in the Olympics and not the coveted Gold. England [-]had[/-] has a strong competitive team, something we in the USA don't have when talking men's soccer. (But, OMG those ladies!) England - They'll be back. :)

Alas, we live in a world were 2nd place is awful. Sort of like wining a Silver medal in the Olympics and not the coveted Gold. England [-]had[/-] has a strong competitive team, something we in the USA don't have when talking men's soccer. (But, OMG those ladies!) England - They'll be back. :)

This is only the 2nd time ever that they have made the final of either the Euros or World Cup, compared to Italy’s 10 appearances and 6 wins. They have a very long way to go to match up with the greatest so I’m pleased with achievements this last few years. (They made the World Cup semi finals in 2018)

Very entertaining tournament. Too bad England couldn't maintain the momentum after that amazing early goal. But Italy I think was overall the better team on the field.

2nd place is the 1st loser.

Back
Top Bottom