Facebook Security

RonBoyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
The Facebook Setting You Should Change as Quickly as Possible

Facebook finally provided a way to keep any random jerk in the café from hijacking your account. But you have to go out of your way to enable this protection, and you might have to wait.

By default, Facebook sends your access credentials in the clear, with no encryption whatsoever. Switching to HTTPS is important because a browser extension called Firesheep has made it especially easy for anyone sharing your open wireless network—at cafe or conference, for example—to sniff your credentials and freely access your account. ...

You can sign up for Facebook HTTPS by going to Account Settings and then selecting "Account Security," third from the bottom. Then click under "Secure Browsing" — if it's there. Facebook says everyone should have this by the end of the day, but in the meantime you might be missing the relevant option toggle

Probably be a good idea to secure your Account, in any event.

Another problem with posting pictures on FB or anywhere on the internet.

The video here talks about the GPS feature on new cameras and sharing your photos. A good thing to be aware of if you are posting to Facebook or other websites. http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=7621105

Back
Top Bottom