Favorite TV series

Lost (especially if you want one episode after another... otherwise it can get hard to follow..)

Saw a few mention "The Wire" yup yup that is great stuff, not many series take that angle where the focus is equal among the background and lives of both the bad guys and good guys, and the line is so blurred on their definitions. Really addicting show.

A couple others we've watched recently we thought were really good:

- House of Cards
- The Killing Watch The Killing Online | Netflix

Saw a few mention "The Wire" yup yup that is great stuff, not many series take that angle where the focus is equal among the background and lives of both the bad guys and good guys, and the line is so blurred on their definitions. Really addicting show.

Much like the Sopranos in that regard, but I found that after a couple of seasons, I was hoping they'd all get whacked! Especially after I saw Tony Soprano filling his big gulp cup full of free coffee... :LOL:

Last edited:
The only current TV series I make an effort to watch:
- Grimm
- The Office
- Parks and Recreation
- The Middle

My Oldies but Goodies
- Twilight Zone
- Night Gallery
- I Spy
- Get Smart
- Cosby
- The Bill Cosby Show (his original Sitcom)
- King of Queens
- L.A. Law (a friend of DW's was one of the stars)
- Rockford Files
- E.R.

I can't believe it took so long before someone mentioned "Justified" and "Downton Abbey." I can't wait until the next season comes out in DVD for both. Also my daughter got us hooked on "Once Upon a Time" and "Revenge."

From the old programs I like "The Fugitive" with David Jansen the best.

Most of my favorites have been mentioned but one I didn't see mentioned was "The Jewel in the Crown"

As a kid an after school favorite was "Dark Shadows"

Six Feet Under deserves a mention if for no reason other than its presenting the single best final five minutes of a long-running series. Putting aside all the other great things about the series, it was all made worth it with the piece of art that was its closing sequence .

+100

The best finale ever IMO.

Most of my favorites have been mentioned but one I didn't see mentioned was "The Jewel in the Crown"

Loved Jewel in the Crown when I watched on Masterpiece in the 80's. I rented it from Netflix last year, wondering if I would like it as much. Still fabulous.

BTW, Art Malik (played Hari Kumar) is in the remake of Upstairs Downstairs. But I'm not crazy about the remake. :(

I prefer the older shows:
All in the family
MASH
twilight zone
outer limits
honeymooners

bUU said:

Six Feet Under deserves a mention if for no reason other than its presenting the single best final five minutes of a long-running series. Putting aside all the other great things about the series, it was all made worth it with the piece of art that was its closing sequence .

I've never heard that finale described better. In fact, sometimes, I go to YouTube and watch the Six Feet Under finale again, and again...

I have loved, in no particular order:

MASH
Bonanza
The Smothers Brothers
Saturday Night Live
The Sopranos
Mad Men
Downton Abbey
30 Something
Six Feet Under
I Love Lucy

I like the First 48 as many of their episodes are local to me.

Pawn Stars is very good also.;)

Not much TV watching going on here, though.

Lucky for me, The Andy Griffith Show reruns air at 12:30 PM daily. What a fine way to enjoy that after lunch cup of coffee. Love to ER in Mayberry circa 1960's
Plan to rewatch the "Rich Man, Poor Man" series this summer. Thanks Netflix.

Mash
Dr Who
Pawn Stars
The Professionals
Sherlock
Castle (although I am losing interest)
Minder
Black Adder
Open All Hours

My favorite of Buffy is seasons 1-3. Yet my favorite episodes probably are Hush and The Body (so sad, about Buffy's mom and the acting so good in that one).

Season 6 was depressing and left me disappointed, but Season 7 redeemed itself, especially the last 5 shows when Faith returned.

Oh yeah, as you can tell, Buffy is my favorite TV Series :cool:

Count me in as another Buffy fanatic. :)

My current favorite is Futurama. So sad they are going off air. Where else can you get the perfect blend of low brow humor and physics jokes?

Breaking Bad wow just wow.

For anyone who is planning on watching the series on Netflix, don't plan on watching more than one of the last 8 episodes at time it will be too emotionally draining.

Breaking Bad wow just wow.

For anyone who is planning on watching the series on Netflix, don't plan on watching more than one of the last 8 episodes at time it will be too emotionally draining.

That was quite a show last night. Only 2 more to go.

A newer show that I have been watching is Hell on Wheels on AMC. Pretty good if you like westerns. In it's 3rd season.

This is indeed the "Second Golden Age" of television. I think the reason that the current crop of movies is generally so poor is that the best writers have gone to television.

The Wire
Treme
Boardwalk Empire
Sopranos
Breaking Bad
House of Cards
Orange is the New Black
Newsroom

West Wing
Northern Exposure
Six Feet Under

Cheers
MASH
Barney Miller

And is no one watching Big Bang Theory? Excellent comedy, especially the first season before the writers dumbed it down for the masses.

Back
Top Bottom