Orphan Black
Warehouse 13
Grimm
Dexter
Bill Maher
Boardwalk Empire
Continuum
Eureka

I have seasons 1 - 4 of Breaking bad but have yet to watch them. I like watching episodes in a season in quick succession and usually wait until the end of the series before doing so. Waiting a week to see the next one has never agreed with me.

Last edited:
Then ... Johnny Quest

More recent ...Sapronos

We have enjoyed this summer's Under the Dome based on a Steven King work, finale tonight (it's renewed for next summer so I think it might leave some threads dangling). And Last Tango in Halifax on PBS is fun.

Battlestar Galactica (the new one)
Eureka
Caprica

Babylon 5
MASH
Big Bang Theory
Friends

I have never felt worse about a show being canceled as I did when Caprica was ended so soon. One thing cable does, is allows for hard hitting shows that you can't get away with on network TV.

This is indeed the "Second Golden Age" of television. I think the reason that the current crop of movies is generally so poor is that the best writers have gone to television.

You're probably right on that. And I'll have to add Orange is the New Black to my list too. It is great! I'm finally -nearly- caught up on Breaking Bad. My boyfriend won't let me leave him behind, but he usually doesn't want to watch very often. Season 3 dragged, but then season 4 was incredible and we got through it much faster.

It's only taken us three days [Busy days, at that, painting our new home, shopping around for appliances, etc] to get through 9 episodes of season 5, so we'll be caught up soon and I can finally get on social media on Sunday Nights without fear of spoilers :dance:

Orange is the New Black is surprisingly hilarious.
Under the Dome and I saw one episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine on a Jet Blue flight last week and it had me laughing out loud (stars very underrated Andre Braugher) looks promising.

Orange is the New Black is surprisingly hilarious.
Under the Dome and I saw one episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine on a Jet Blue flight last week and it had me laughing out loud (stars very underrated Andre Braugher) looks promising.

I heard a TV critic on the radio :LOL: saying Brooklyn Nine Nine is the best of the new shows so am looking forward to seeing it.

I'll check out Orange Is the New Black--great title.

A tip of the hat to the 1976 BBC mini-series I Claudius. I rented it from my local library during my first few months of ER three years back and loved it. Derek Jacobi was outstanding. Also, pretty "racy" for its era.

The reason I watched that series on DVD was because I was listening to The History of Rome podcasts at the time. It took me over two years to get thru all 179 episodes, but it was worth it. Listened while out for long walks or at the gym, or during long drives. (Downloaded all podcast episodes to PC and then transferred episodes to my MP3 player.) After a long break, the guy is now doing a new podcast series, on the history of great political revolutions.

I recently caught the first season of "Breaking Bad" on Netfix, and got the same feeling as after watching all of "The Sopranos". Both series feature excellent writing, acting, direction, etc. But at the end of the day, I just can't shake the feeling that I've just spent a lot of time with characters I really don't like.

And Last Tango in Halifax on PBS is fun.

I wondered if anyone might mention that one. What do y'all make of that show? So, so British... I'm not sure it translates well though I can't be the judge of that.

For the past month have had access to all 90 episodes of "The Good Wife".
Finsihed the last episode yesterday. I'm hooked. Every episode has a main plot, 2 subplots, and an ongoing continuity plot. Hard to begin watching an episode and not finish... especially without commercials. Twists of law really interesting, as is the character Kalinda. :LOL:

Watched Last Tango in Halifax yesterday... reminds me of Downton Abbey... not quite as good, but fun.

A tip of the hat to the 1976 BBC mini-series I Claudius. I rented it from my local library during my first few months of ER three years back and loved it. Derek Jacobi was outstanding. Also, pretty "racy" for its era.

The reason I watched that series on DVD was because I was listening to The History of Rome podcasts at the time. It took me over two years to get thru all 179 episodes, but it was worth it. Listened while out for long walks or at the gym, or during long drives. (Downloaded all podcast episodes to PC and then transferred episodes to my MP3 player.) After a long break, the guy is now doing a new podcast series, on the history of great political revolutions.

I Claudius was my favorite show back in 1976. I ordered it from Ebay a couple of years ago because I wanted to watch it again. Haven't got around to it though. Really good acting from main character.

I wondered if anyone might mention that one. What do y'all make of that show? So, so British... I'm not sure it translates well though I can't be the judge of that.

Just watched episode 2. We are enjoying Last Tango in Halifax--good cast, lots of interesting characters, country and town settings. I like that the script surprises me. And I really like that it's a contemporary story. We like Downton Abbey but are really enjoying the non-periodness of Tango. And It's always fun with BBC series to see accomplished actors that we don't often see otherwise.

Breaking Bad wow just wow.

For anyone who is planning on watching the series on Netflix, don't plan on watching more than one of the last 8 episodes at time it will be too emotionally draining.

+1

Todd and the Book of Pure Evil. The best series to come out of Canada since Red Green.

This is indeed the "Second Golden Age" of television. I think the reason that the current crop of movies is generally so poor is that the best writers have gone to television.

The Wire
Treme
Boardwalk Empire
Sopranos
Breaking Bad
House of Cards
Orange is the New Black
Newsroom

+1 on your selections. I would add Boss on Starz channel. The series stars Kelsey Grammer. Awesome character.

Back
Top Bottom