Fidelity free Turbotax offer

I'm assuming none of the people who are saying it's showing up have smaller Fidelity accounts? :D

I'm assuming none of the people who are saying it's showing up have smaller Fidelity accounts? :D

It's a very quirky thing. I'm PCG, and have been for years. But I never got the offer and was jealous of those who did.

About 5-6 years ago I arranged a meeting with my Fido guy to ask him about a few unrelated things, and when we were done I said "Oh, by the way. I've heard from some friends that they can get a free TurboTax from Fidelity. Is that true?"

He did kind of a double-take, and said "Gee, I didn't know you used it. I'll get you on the list."

Next tax season I saw the offer for the first time, and every year since then. So just being PCG or the equivalent is obviously not enough; there is some secret meshing of gears in the back office that has to happen. Anyway, it certainly couldn't hurt to ask. Some people here have asked and gotten both yes and no answers, so bottom line is that nobody really knows what the criteria are.

Logged in. Didn't see an offer. Did search on turbotax and get the 20% offer but no $5 thing. I'll wait a bit to see if the $5 thing shows up. But not going to wait too long. May not be worth the fuss and just buy around New Years from Amazon when I normally do.

I have 401k accounts at Fidelity with enough balance, but not so much in the IRAs. I suppose Fidelity PCG doesn’t include 401k accounts.

I have 401k accounts at Fidelity with enough balance, but not so much in the IRAs. I suppose Fidelity PCG doesn’t include 401k accounts.

I can't say for certain. I do know that back when I was still with MC, my 401K had one guy at Fido, and my Fido IRA's had a different guy. I was getting calls periodically from both to see what they could do for me. :facepalm:

Like others, mine just showed up today on the main account page. $5 for Premier just like last year, but a lot more straight forward as far as downloading it.

Many thanks for this thread! I found the $5 offer after a little poking around in my Fido account. I inquired last year and was only offered the $20 discount. This year’s savings is lunch money!

It's a very quirky thing. I'm PCG, and have been for years. But I never got the offer and was jealous of those who did.

About 5-6 years ago I arranged a meeting with my Fido guy to ask him about a few unrelated things, and when we were done I said "Oh, by the way. I've heard from some friends that they can get a free TurboTax from Fidelity. Is that true?"

He did kind of a double-take, and said "Gee, I didn't know you used it. I'll get you on the list."

Next tax season I saw the offer for the first time, and every year since then. So just being PCG or the equivalent is obviously not enough; there is some secret meshing of gears in the back office that has to happen. Anyway, it certainly couldn't hurt to ask. Some people here have asked and gotten both yes and no answers, so bottom line is that nobody really knows what the criteria are.

It really is a mystery how they choose people.

I've received the offer for about 5-6 years now, even though I've had 3 different reps and never spoke to any of them about it.

My attempt showed state included in the $5 price.

I just downloaded - seems to work.

Thanks to all for the sleuthing!

Just saw it and got the downloaded version for $5.

Whew. It wasn't there this morning, but mine is now on the Summary page, about 3/4 of the way down.

I see the free offer on my Fido summary page, just like every other year. Why? I have no idea. I have plenty of $ but 95% is in IRA's. My status is in constant flux. Sometimes I'm PCG, then Active Trader with an assigned rep, and also a nobody with an 800# to call. I haven't spoken to anyone from Fido in a couple of years.

Also, the funny thing is that I haven't used TurboTax in over 5 years. My plan to simplify my holdings has made the software unnecessary. My paper forms and attachments take less than 15 minutes to prepare.

First year I'm in the club. Did a big transfer last summer and had a zoom meeting with an advisor. I guess that meeting paid off.

Almost seems like a lottery determines who gets the offer.
Have a 5-figure Fidelity HSA for several years, and an inactive small brokerage acct.
Never got the offer.
Yesterday, logged in and there was the full screen displaying the offer that I'd have to click past to miss. Nothing changed, so no idea how I qualified this year.

Also don't understand why some see the full screen offer displayed on login, and others apparently have to hunt for it.
Unfortunately, I already got TT Deluxe/Amazon GC offer back on 11/25!

Yes, that how it happened with me.

The OP just happened to try a search on Monday and stumbled across it that way. Otherwise this thread would have started on Tuesday as someone discovered the long awaited offer on their login screen and rushed here to post.:LOL::LOL:

It turned up on my summary screen yesterday too.

DGF is Private Client although we don't confer with them. She last received the free TurboTax about 8 years ago although she has a couple $M invested at Fidelity. It ended about the same time we ended the Advisor relationship at Fidelity when they wanted to invest DGF in over 30 MF to diversify. It was a good trade off.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-13 164415.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 164415.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom