Fidelity Visa removes foreign transaction charges

I’ve closed a few cards in the past few years and other than maybe a temporary 10 point dip in my credit score, there are no consequences. I can’t even be sure the 10 point dip is the result of the closing or some other factor.

+1
10 points is nothing. I saw my credit score from Experian when unfreezing my accounts. I applied for 2 credit cards.
Experian sent me emails notifying me who did credit pull.
Then experian sent me my new credit score, lost 6 points for applying for the cards :cool:

As far as I can tell the foreign transaction fee on the Fidelity VISA card from Elan still has the 1% fee.

ATM cards? I don’t know and don’t care. I don’t use ATM cards for purchases as they so not have the same legal rights as an actual credit card.

I’ll be using my trusty Costco VISA when I am outside the USA.

I think the Citi Double Cash back is the only card I have that has FTF and why I switched to FidelityRewards (that and the fidelity rewards card gave me 3x the credit limit right off the bat. I hate to worry about whether I might b over the limit even though I pay it in full every month).

As far as I can tell the foreign transaction fee on the Fidelity VISA card from Elan still has the 1% fee.

ATM cards? I don’t know and don’t care. I don’t use ATM cards for purchases as they so not have the same legal rights as an actual credit card.

I don't use ATM card for purchases but what do you use internationally to get local currency? the fido ATM/debit card is the best choice.

I don't use ATM card for purchases but what do you use internationally to get local currency? the fido ATM/debit card is the best choice.
I use Schwab debit card for local currency. No FTF and ATM charges are reimbursed.

Confirmed

I cannot find any source on either Fidelity website or googling to confirm that this fee will be eliminated by end of August (today being September already) for existing card holders. Could you please provide a link that where you got this info?

I called Elan customer service and was able to confirm that the Visa Credit Card now has no foreign trasaction fee. Really glad that I can use it for international travel!

Check the attached

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 36
I got an email today making it official. No foreign transaction charges.

I got an email today making it official. No foreign transaction charges.

It's official. I just got my email confirmation today as well.

Fidelity Investments
Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card

Your card is better than ever.
You will no longer be charged foreign transaction fees when making international purchases with your Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card.¹
You card has been automatically updated.
There’s nothing you need to do, simply continue to use your card on everyday purchases.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom