Fidelity website not updating balances

Tetto

Recycles dryer sheets
I noticed in my balances last couple of days that I literally had no increases despite a big day yesterday. I called fidelity this afternoon and they confirmed their computer system was screwed up and not updating accounts properly. So check your accounts and make sure they update this weekend.

I’ve been working on Fidelity accounts the last several days and have not had any problems.

I did notice a couple of times they reported an error when displaying positions, saying they were working on it. But that seemed to resolve quickly.

I just checked again and it’s still not updated. I’ll call again tomorrow I guess

Yesterday was bad (mispricing on some new issue bonds) but today was horrific (accounts missing, cancelled orders stuck in pending and freezing funds, fund transfers erroring out, placed orders not actually getting put to market, etc.). Thank the gods I don't deal in time sensitive expiring options.

Last edited:
It may be related to something in your accounts. I just checked ours and our IRA's, Roth IRA's, Inherited IRA and Aftertax accounts all were updated from today's gains.

It may be related to something in your accounts. I just checked ours and our IRA's, Roth IRA's, Inherited IRA and Aftertax accounts all were updated from today's gains.

Ours as well.

Kinda weird. Major freakout on the Fidelity Reddit forum but no one says they tried plan B, plan C, etc. If my PC access is restricted I’m gonna try another browser, iphone app, telephone access, etc. Many are saying it’s happened several times before. Ugly for traders.

My balances were never off FWIW just functionality limitations and new transaction processing problems, but I called Fidelity two different times on my issues and both times they said there were systemwide outages and as a result they had limited visibility on their end impeding their ability to even see enough to help with issues ("call back in 2-3 hours or try again tomorrow morning").

Last edited:
I do a monthly check and all was fine yesterday.

I was doing my Dec IRA draw for taxes, tried to do it early Friday but after unlocking accounts, portfolio page showed “unable to display funds” or something like that. I did the transfer, it showed totals for each account when you select source of transfer so I did transfer and then shortly after I was able to see all portfolio. My experience was problems popped up then back to normal. After about 30 min I did lockdown again and exited, having been able to complete my tasks. Sure was strange

I was doing my Dec IRA draw for taxes, tried to do it early Friday but after unlocking accounts, portfolio page showed “unable to display funds” or something like that. I did the transfer, it showed totals for each account when you select source of transfer so I did transfer and then shortly after I was able to see all portfolio. My experience was problems popped up then back to normal. After about 30 min I did lockdown again and exited, having been able to complete my tasks. Sure was strange

My experience was from the big run up in the Dow and .4% gain on the S&P on Nov 30, I saw my 7 figure account(s) tick up a total of $600… that was too low and I’ve seen much higher jumps with much lower market gains.Yesterdays .8% Dow gain and .6 s&p gain resulted in a $~10k+gain. 🤷🏼*♂️

Last edited:
Kinda weird. Major freakout on the Fidelity Reddit forum but no one says they tried plan B, plan C, etc. If my PC access is restricted I’m gonna try another browser, iphone app, telephone access, etc. Many are saying it’s happened several times before. Ugly for traders.

Me too. If the website is wonky, I go to the mobile site and vice versa. If both are bad, I get another cup of coffee and try again. Things usually resolve themselves quickly.
There has been talk on here and other forums about balance issues, but so much depends on what the user is doing. Pending dividends, transfers, overnight updating of the asset price…so many things come into play.

Everything looks fine for my accounts but I don’t really have time sensitive transactions. Still very disappointing to have these issues and the response is making it worse. This reminds me to re-enable the Money Transfer Lockdown feature so I am not as concerned if I lose access to my accounts.

Just called Fidelity yet AGAIN! And this time they confirmed and took notes that there is indeed a computer problem affecting a subset of customers’ investment accounts updating! I triple requested the young lady take the notes from my Nov 30 to Dec 1st lack of updating and she confirmed it was an issue there. It will be fixed beginning on Monday fidelity said. Fingers crossed. It took me five people and 4 calls to get this far. In fidelity, the investment account folks DO NOT communicate with the workplace account folks. Nothing at all! So they at any given time are totally unaware of an issue….i asked her if she Googles these issues at all and reads forums to see what customers are saying….she said no. Not surprised.

Fidelity had big problems yesterday. I was on the phone with them at 10am and problems just got worse throughout the day.

Early in the day, municipal bonds were having major issues. I placed an order to buy some bonds, cancelled about 15 minutes later and it remained as Pending Cancel...for an hour before I called. Another, which was Fill or Kill did not fill, and had not killed after an hour when I was calling. A third was a bond I submitted to sell, but it was not posting as in inventory to sell. This had happened to me in the past, they were not able to resolve, and things did not clear up until overnight. When I called, after being put on hold for 15 minutes, the rep came back and acknowledged that there were issues. She said they were working on it. Same ultimately happened this time - did not confirm cancellation until overnight.

Later in the day, the problems spread to submitting stock orders to buy shares in ATP platform. Upon submitting the order, it would come back with "account information is not available, call for assistance". I was able to work around it getting orders through via the website and other pathways through ATP.

My big problem when this happens with the municipal bonds is that while the orders are Pending Cancel, the funds remain committed to those open orders. From what I saw, as far as what the market was showing, the orders were in fact already cancelled, however, Fidelity was not acknowledging it, and so those funds remained unavailable for investment until early this morning.

Yes! And it's been weird for months. My husband has his 401K there and I have my IRA. Mine works fine but my husband's says-

You have successfully logged into NetBenefits but have
landed on a page that no longer exists. To ensure that
your information is protected, please close your browser
window or click the link below to continue. (and that link doesn't work).

But then when I backspace on his, the info is there. I hope the numbers are right since there was a nice jump yesterday.

And it seems to be only on Saturdays. I check the accounts 2-3 times per week (unless the market is really bad lol) and I have no problems getting into his on other days. It's not like I go in at 3 am when they are doing backups or whatever.

Well good news is all my balances / holdings have returned as available again this morning but kind of weird the "pending" transactions from Friday are still showing in my activity as not "verified" yet.....so still some clean-up to do.

Glad I’m done with my transactions for now. I did quite a few last week and fortunately didn’t run into any issues.

Well good news is all my balances / holdings have returned as available again this morning but kind of weird the "pending" transactions from Friday are still showing in my activity as not "verified" yet.....so still some clean-up to do.

Ditto. However the same issue still exists from Friday and I'm on the phone with them again. New orders that should be cancelling are still getting stuck at Pending Cancel and not releasing the committed funds.

Glad I’m done with my transactions for now. I did quite a few last week and fortunately didn’t run into any issues.

+1

I did several transactions (buying/selling CDs and Treasury bills) and did not encounter anything. The only issue I run into sometimes is that my 401K is not update by 11PM Eastern time, especially on the last day of the month. But my morning it is, so for me that is not a big deal.

Ditto. However the same issue still exists from Friday and I'm on the phone with them again. New orders that should be cancelling are still getting stuck at Pending Cancel and not releasing the committed funds.

Was resolved overnight and appears to be working properly this morning.

I'm surprised this kind of thing doesn't happen more often. I didn't have any transactions in the problem time window. I'm not too concerned with up to the minute pricing on shares I'm not selling.

Back
Top Bottom