Finally - it's real!

SoReadyToRetire

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi -- I am ... just 10 working days away from retirement !!! FINALLY!

I know it's been a long journey, and some here have been put off by the wide variety of questions I've posted, on wildly different topics--but we made it. :D

Given the astounding performance of the markets recently, we officially became millionaires two weeks ago. I also laid out some real money for a fiduciary financial planner. We've been at 100% in Firecalc for awhile now, even with me waiting until age 70 to collect SS; and the planner says we're in "really good shape". :dance:

So ... counting down these last 10 days and can't WAIT to join the rest of you RETIREES!!!!!

Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of retirement!

Last edited:
Congrats! And welcome to the best of your life...:dance:

omni

Congratulations!
That first day when you wake up with a smile on your face, and enjoy your morning without rushing off to work is the best :)

Congrats.
Every question is good. Don't worry.

Congratulations. It gets even better with practice.

Congrads. What will you do all day?

Congrats! Fun, fun, fun!

Congratulations!!

It is better than advertised!!

That's just great. Suggest you start your ER by staying in bed a whole day.

Then go take a nice vacation to somewhere you've never been.

Well done and congratulations! No more feelings of dread on Sunday evenings.

Thanks!

Thank you, everybody!! Can't believe I only have one more "dreaded Sunday night" ... it's so weird!

I don't have any big plans right away, other than trying to get used to having no paycheck coming in :blush: Going to do some of the stuff around the house that I always put off because time was too precious (like cleaning out the basement--oh, joy!)

Traveling somewhere I've never been is a good idea. I have a tendency to want to go back to places I've already enjoyed. Our post-retirement budget even has a $5K yearly vacation built in. Crazy!

Seven more working days to go ... :dance:

Back
Top Bottom