Flooring Options

Funny coincidence, we have a flooring repair guy here today fixing some engineered hardwood, and I asked him about your situation. Given the pool and grandkids, he recommends SPC (not WPC) luxury vinyl plank.

I just now saw this. Thank you!
I had someone out to measure on Tuesday and got the quote today.
$15,000-[emoji15]
I’ll check that the product is SPC.

for one of our earlier houses we had gone with solid wood (oak) for the main floor...but it was the thick stuff, not the stuff available through the "big box" store...and tile in the kitchen. The dogs we had then had a little problem with the tile but got use to the slipperiness (there was an enclosed deck just off the kitchen that we used a lot). The oak did have a little scratching from the dogs but not really much... but the overall appearance, especially when coming in...with the high ceiling, nice railing leading to the atrium, and the wall of windows... was stunning and greatly impressed the eventual buyers when we did sell (we left samples of materials out so that they knew that we used quality products)

For our current house, we're doing a partial basement finish and, even though we shouldn't have any water intrusion issues (always made sure of good grading) we aren't going to use wood there, nor laminate. We spoke to contractors about which flooring and also went to the big box and Floor &Decor... pretty much everyone noted that the better vinyl would be best given the dogs will be there too. Looked at the Nucor stuff at Floor & Decor and with the Lifeproof at HD... and had small samples and then full planks placed in the space to examine. The Nucor seemed a little thinner, was cheaper, but didn't seem as nice... so it'll be Lifeproof for the 900+ sq ft of space

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lifepro...nyl-Plank-Flooring-18-73-sq-ft-case-I170263L/

In 2014 we did a major update in our 2500 sq.ft brick ranch. It has a crawlspace. At the time we had 2 labradore retrievers who played a lot. We decided on bamboo flooring. It has held up well and looks like wood flooring. The installation was tough as all the closets and small spaces were updated with bamboo flooring.

Major walls were knocked out and we went through the brick to open up a sunroom. The sunroom has tile. One of our bathrooms is travertine. It looks weathered. The shower, floor and partial walls are travertine. We're happy with the overall project. We figure this is our forever home. Two rooms are wall to wall carpeted and we plan to change that to match the bamboo. No hurry.

Back
Top Bottom