For Retired Folks: What Do You Dream About?

2-3 nights ago I had a dream that had something to do with stamps.. wierd decades-old stamps that were given to me by an ancient deaf aunt (really existed, no blood relation).. I was supposed to apply the stamps according to the odd postal codes on a series of letters she instructed me to mail on her behalf, but I had no idea, really, how to do so. The stamps were incomprehensible and unrecognizable, a mixture of "Italian" in lire, not euro.. and Belgian or Swiss or something. I trotted off and got semi-waylaid/high-jacked by a nice American tourist lady who offered me a lift as her husband was coming by. I panicked inside their spacious air-conditioned and carpeted minivan as it went though unrecognizable tunnels and over unfamiliar ramps. I had to get to the post office! They graciously dropped me off at a Parisian-looking (but "Italian") subway station. I figured the gals at the bar there could help me with my weird stamp problem. I had no purse, cash, or phone. They started helping me figure what they thought was the value of each obsolete stamp in a type of lined account book.

It all devolved from there and I don't remember the rest.

This was really my dream and I don't think you need to have studied much psychology to decipher it. Anyone who has followed some of my posts should see:

• stamps => currency => varied, irrational and possibly useless tokens of value
• American minivan "nest" = comfortable and fast, but sterile and not going anywhere I want to go
• a possible way to "get by" = relying on unconventional structures (the bar girls vs. the Post Office). They were neither extraordinarily friendly nor extraordinarily unfriendly.

LG4NB, I wonder if you are watching this thread.

I just had a dream where the family was vacationing in "Nords". Nords as none of you know, is a small country on the Horn of Africa. It is filled with red dirt roads, which is no big deal except for the other cool fact about Nords. Nords is 10' below sea level and surrounded by plexiglass dikes, so you can look up and see the ocean. Unfortunately, the dikes leak every few which cause very exciting flash floods on the red dirt roads.

I am not sure of the hidden meaning other than Nords is a submariner and he is the only forum member I've met in real life.

We owned a restaurant for a decade. These were some of the most stressful years of my life. The financial responsibility was enormous and the hours were long
Been there - done that (as a "family" business) I'll be quite graphic in my opinion (it really sucked!)

Yeah, then you completely understand that these are my ‘stress dreams’ even today! thanks, rs0460a!

Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Back
Top Bottom