Forgot what day it was

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
I went to the grocery store this afternoon; I thought it was Thursday.

Need to make a point of checking the computer in the AM.

:) I thought Friday was Monday..DW stayed home sick on Thursday then went to work yesterday...:rolleyes:

I almost never know what day it is anymore........of course, I don't really care much either! :D Unless I have an appointment or have a trip planned, one day is the same as another......'cept Wednesday 'cause that's garbage day. And I always know when it's Wednesday, because all my neighbors have their g-cans by the curb.

I almost never know what day it is anymore........of course, I don't really care much either! :D Unless I have an appointment or have a trip planned, one day is the same as another......'cept Wednesday 'cause that's garbage day. And I always know when it's Wednesday, because all my neighbors have their g-cans by the curb.

Here Monday is garbage day; fortunately, the neighbors set out their garbage early so I am reminded.

Trash Tuesday... goes out weekly in hot weather.
Re-cycle on Friday... once every 4 to 6 weeks. Some of the neighbors overflow every week.

I've been having that problem ever since ER. I look at the date on the newspaper to see what day it is. There is a store about 20 miles away that sells day clocks, I'm going to get one.

Day Clocks

Funny! I took this last week off as vacation; just hanging out. Yesterday I was reading, listening to the radio, messing around the house. Stopped occasionally and noticed my favorite programs were not on, then thought why are they doing the Saturday schedule, oh, because it IS Saturday.

What am I missing here?

My week normally starts with Sunday (aka Big Paper day) and then goes to Saturday #1, Saturday #2 and so on.

What are those other days, Monday and Tuesday and Friday that you all speak of? :D

Last week while cutting my yard I stopped and had to ponder, is today Friday or Saturday? Retirement is tough.

In our neighborhood you would be lost Goonie. Trash day rotates with the holiday schedule. Right now ours is on Saturday #2 and will move to Saturday #3 after the 4th of July.

You would think retirees with all their spare time could keep track of what day trash day is. Not so, they screw up more than the worker bees. The trash man cometh early, 6:45 am so you better have it out the night before because he moves like lightning with his automatic truck. If you hear him it's too late to make the mad dash to the garage and curb. :eek:

DW says just check the city's website and they give the schedule. The only problem is I forget what color we are, I think we were Gold for years and then it changed to Pink and then........:p

Too many people at the grocery store? I know what you mean. :D Retired people must mark those weekend days on the calendar in order to hibernate during the weekend grocery store mob. Toooo many people.

Well Done!
grin.gif

Wife has that problem as well.

Last edited:
i might not know what today is but google just published my street on googlestreets and i can tell from the roadside recycling containers that they were here on a friday, from the sunlight gleaming through the bamboo on my property that it was around 10 in the morning and from the for sale sign on a nearby property that they filmed before april.

i never wear a watch and i don't have a calendar. when you are retired it helps to look for clues.

Too many people at the grocery store? I know what you mean. :D Retired people must mark those weekend days on the calendar in order to hibernate during the weekend grocery store mob. Toooo many people.

Way too many.

I love having this problem!
I know it's the weekend when my friends call to make plans the night before.
Otherwise, I am blissfully lounging about my apartment doing whatever I want.

Back
Top Bottom