Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

WOW!!!!
Looks Great!!! I know one thing for sure I'm glad You are back. I missed visiting the site and a Happy Camper.

Thank You for the great site and all the work that takes place for us to enjoy.

Like the new setup so far! The prev setup was pretty old school and had very small fonts.

One odd thing I see: With the page number links (1, 2), the current page you are on is a link instead of just plain text. So I have to read the url to see which page I'm on. You don't always know what page you are on when you are taken to the "last unread" on a thread.

🍻

Must be a problem with the new software. Looks like an ad for Sunglass Hut to me or maybe the waiting room for folks recovering from cataracts surgery.:2funny:
1714068055804.jpeg
<----------I'm the guy in the far corner...the good looking thin guy!

Last edited:
To help with the increased open function, use the scroll arrows on the lower right in yellow.
One click takes you to the top or bottom of a page.

I don't like all this scrolling at all. I don't see how the arrows help when I want to read the posts and I can see like one thing at a time.
Apparently it is a "feature" not a bug? Maybe I can figure out to zoom in but not ruin the text size. My arrow keys don't seem to scroll only the mouse.

Last edited:
I went thru my account settings. Under "account details" - if you want to change anything, it forces you to choose a "state" - only U.S states allowed !!! Why is it mandatory ? Also location is required, but that I set to Mars ;)

To help with the increased open function, use the scroll arrows on the lower right in yellow.
That was very helpful. Thanks for that tidbit.

OHHHHH I Love being able to add my new Profile Pic, Thanks for this new site. Good Job !

Thanks for all the work that went into this, and great job getting it done on time!

I went thru my account settings. Under "account details" - if you want to change anything, it forces you to choose a "state" - only U.S states allowed !!! Why is it mandatory ? Also location is required, but that I set to Mars ;)
This has been adjusted. Canada is now a "thing" and it's optional. There is also a new "state" in the list ;)

I don't like all this scrolling at all. I don't see how the arrows help when I want to read the posts and I can see like one thing at a time.
Apparently it is a "feature" not a bug? Maybe I can figure out to zoom in but not ruin the text size. My arrow keys don't seem to scroll only the mouse.

We're still making some adjustments to line spacing.

But they only appear AFTER you scroll, then disappear after a few seconds. The arrows would be more useful if they just stayed there. I don't see a reason for them to go away.

Just testing the ability to copy/paste an image directly into a post
1714071712537.png

Awesome! Love that it's so easy to do this now.

This has been adjusted. Canada is now a "thing" and it's optional. There is also a new "state" in the list ;)
Thanks, I cleared mine. You might want to check the spelling on the new state - where is Confision ?

Looks good. Much better on mobile!

Thank you for modernizing the forum!

But they only appear AFTER you scroll, then disappear after a few seconds. The arrows would be more useful if they just stayed there. I don't see a reason for them to go away.
In chrome, mouse all the way over to the right margin and a little black grab bar pops out. Left click and drag for fast up down navigation. I don't know it is just chrome or a site page function.

Thanks for the update...I think this will get easy to use.

One question though. How do I turn down the brightness? It's hard on the eyes (at least for me), much brighter background that the previous SW.

I couldn't find a slider anywhere. Thx.

_B

Thanks for the update...I think this will get easy to use.

One question though. How do I turn down the brightness? It's hard on the eyes (at least for me), much brighter background that the previous SW.

I couldn't find a slider anywhere. Thx.

_B

We'll be selling ER.org sunglasses ;)

Currently, there is no adjustment but I've noted the request (no promises).

You can control this in your browser settings or system settings in the interim.

Must be a problem with the new software. Looks like an add for Sunglass Hut to me or maybe the waiting room for folks recovering from cataracts surgery.:2funny:
lol First thing I thought was that it must be very bright in there. :LOL:

Re scrolling, yes, there's more than I'd prefer, too. Is any consolidation possible? As displayed here with images turned off, even a single-line post has 14 lines of mostly empty space above it, as follows (hope the new board formats the following as the intended 15 separate lines):

1) X minutes ago and "New"
2) undisplayable character
3) a single hyphen
4) message number
5) horizontal line
6) a single blank character
7) empty
8) "online now" icon, I think
9) poster's name
10) poster's history "Thinks s/he gets paid by the post" etc
11) poster's join date
12) poster's post count
13) poster's location
14) box borders
15) finally, the content of the post begins

Seems several of those, such as 1+4, 8+9+10 and 11+12+13 could be combined onto one line each, which would reduce scrolling by 5 lines per post.

do try that right margin grab handle if you are using a computer and mouse. It multiplies the speed several times over straight scroll wheel speed.

Drop image by URL doesn't work with an image generated from Imgur. Just wondering what links will work. Not a big deal. I'll experiment a little.

FWIW, I've had similar issues with one other forum with a similar format.

Back
Top Bottom