Freakin Friday Tunes

Here's one that I blasted this soggy morning: AC/DC: Highway to Hell :)

Outtahere said:
Oh Mickster  I love  The Pusher, I have to remember to download that one.

I have "Early Steppenwolf", a live club recording of the band in about '66 or so. Poor sound quality, and after 40 yrs it would really put that snap/crackle/pop software to the test. But it has the best version of "The Pusher" I've ever heard.

Tomorrow, being Friday, I'm hoping to see Powerman 5000 live. Looking forward to that.

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

I had it cranked up so loud when pulling into the garage at work, I'm sure security got an earful :)

I'm off today and heading out to do errands, Stone Temple Pilot Core CD is setting on top of my purse, should get the errands done in record time lol.

OAP... now I'm disappointed, you should have included a pic of yourself in your indies to make the image complete ;)

Outtahere,
Voila.  I just slid across the living room floor.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 33
Okay I deserved that... ::) my own fault for asking LOL

cube_rat said:
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
I had it cranked up so loud when pulling into the garage at work, I'm sure security got an earful  :)
Few things give me more pleasure than driving into the high-school parking lot in front of a bunch of hot-looking girls with Van Halen blowing the dust out of the speakers, a longboard strapped to the car's roof, my ponytail flapping in the breeze, and getting dirty looks & hand gestures from the security guard.  I didn't even know our car stereo display could show a number that high.

No, not my high school.  Our kid's. 

The embarrassed look on her face-- priceless.

Nords said:
Few things give me more pleasure than driving into the high-school parking lot in front of a bunch of hot-looking girls with Van Halen blowing the dust out of the speakers, a longboard strapped to the car's roof, my ponytail flapping in the breeze, and getting many hand gestures from the security guard.  I didn't even know our car stereo display could show a number that high.

Thank you for the visual and the much needed laugh! :LOL:

Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that no radio station plays music in the mornings?  Every station in SD has some pompous guy/gal blabbing away with all of his/her retinue laughing at everything he says and kissing his butt.  

I know, that's what CD's are for, but I can't seem to keep my music purchases up, right now I've beat to death all my albums.

I'm gonna go out this weekend and buy Mary J. Blige's new CD as well as Mariah Carey's.  Love their latest stuff for some reason.  I pretend they are singing to me...  :D

Laurence - I never listen to the radio in the morning for that very fact. The last thing I want to hear is Danny Bonaduce-ish DJ's babbling in the morning. :p

Nords said:
Few things give me more pleasure than driving into the high-school parking lot in front of a bunch of hot-looking girls with Van Halen blowing the dust out of the speakers, a longboard strapped to the car's roof, my ponytail flapping in the breeze, and getting dirty looks & hand gestures from the security guard.  I didn't even know our car stereo display could show a number that high.

The joke amongst guitar players is the Marshall amp volume control going to "11"...

Let me tell you, a 100w Marshall cranked to 11 will get your attention... And cause hearing damage...

Nords, my dh would do that to his kids on his bike, embarrased them to death, they are now in turn doing the same things to their kids.

Laurence said:
Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that no radio station plays music in the mornings?  Every station in SD has some pompous guy/gal blabbing away with all of his/her retinue laughing at everything he says and kissing his butt.
I guess things went downhill quickly after the police persuaded that one DJ to stop recruiting contestants for his "Strip for the Sky" competitions...

Laurence said:
I'm gonna go out this weekend and buy Mary J. Blige's new CD as well as Mariah Carey's.  Love their latest stuff for some reason.  I pretend they are singing to me...  :D
Good choice, Laurence, they're safe to listen to again.  I've been informed that both are no longer cool among the teen demographic.  They're regarded as "old" and "played out".  

I directed our kid's attention to Mariah Carey's 1990 "Vision of Love" on the radio and was admonished that there was no way the voice could be hers.  We had to dig out the CD and prove it.

Our kid used to love singing along with Mary J.'s performances on "Sesame Street".  My reminder of that earned me the silent treatment for nearly 15 minutes!

Outtahere said:
I'm off today and heading out to do errands,  Stone Temple Pilot  Core CD is setting on top of my purse, should get the errands done in record time lol...

EXCELLENT album! Timeless imho...

Nords, as a 31 year old clinging to some semblance of youth and relevancy, your statement was not exactly comforting! :-[

Mariah and Mary J. still get played on all the "hit" stations here, I guess it's to throw a bone to us senior citizens. I'm slowing being pushed off these stations, one second it's a good R&B song, next second I'm hearing "Get you drunk, get you drunk off my lovely lady lump!" WTF? Then comes another fake gangster rap track....lean wit' it, roll wit' it, slide wit' it, shop-vac wit' it, lay-away wit' it....I must be getting old and crotchety, but none of these guys hold a candle to 2pac and Biggy, and if I was totally wrong on that, how come every time they release another album from these long dead rappers it shoots to No.1 again, even when it's just a 3rd remix of the same songs?

But anyway, Mariah still looks plenty young (and hot) to me :D

Laurence said:
But anyway, Mariah still looks plenty young (and hot) to me  :D

Must be her conservative way of dressing! :D

Laurence said:
But anyway, Mariah still looks plenty young (and hot) to me :D

You know, I think she's pretty hot. But I don't like her music and I heard her once in an interview and she just might be the dumbest person on the planet. I guess wearing ear plugs would fix all the issues I have with her. :)

Speaking of rap, is Emimem still in with the kiddies? I think the guy's awesome, very talented. It seems like all the musicians I like are total screwups, Rage, Sublime, Chili Peppers etc.

Back
Top Bottom