Friends and Cancer

DW lost her brother to Pancreatic cancer 5 years ago and my brother back in November had his prostate removed due to cancer fortunately for him it did not spread to the lymph nodes. He underwent 6 weeks of radiation and so far he is doing good.

It seems that every family is affected by this nasty disease in one way or another.

Cancer is a mean bastard. Lost my brother to the disease 2 years ago. He was 56. I tried to talk to him about every thing but his problem. I hoped it might help get his mind off it, but I doubt it did much good. I regret now not telling him more how much he meant to me. Hard to know what to say to someone with the disease.

But to the ones here with cancer, it certainly can be beat. My mother had a breast removed when I was in elementary school and she is now 89 and going strong. I know of many successful cases. Good luck!

Dawg52:
I regret now not telling him more how much he meant to me. Hard to know what to say to someone with the disease.

Dawg, I really empathize. Once a loved one is gone, all we have is the hope they can hear us in our prayers. And some people don't believe in that, and it makes the loss of them even harder.

Each time I lose a person close to me, I learn something. There are so many things I wish I had said... I guess that is part of the lesson too. No matter how we look at it, it's still a pretty tender issue...

Be well,
Akaisha

Thanks to all for the kind words of encouragement. I sincerely believe that the strength of our character is formed from not how many times we get knocked down but how many times we get up. I may be a little wobbly but I'm still standing.

2soon

I imagine you are a bit wobbly going through the chemo. Thanks for your posts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom