Fun with celebrities - who wore it better?

Gumby

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
One of these guys is yours truly. The other is some guy named Gere. (They were taken within a year of each other).

Attachments

• graduation 1.jpg
    graduation 1.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 44
  • richard gere.jpg
    richard gere.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Oh, that is so funny! I see similarities!

Well, you earned your uniform versus it being an acting prop. So, you win hands down.

Gumby, yes. But I'll just observe that Ms Winger appears quite captivated by Gere's short, trim sideburns.

What middie rank is he wearing, a star with no base bar? Is that a "starter set" of some sort?

A great photo, Gumby.

What about who you are shaking hands with!

Yes, that was then Vice President George H.W. Bush on May 27, 1981. It was a great honor to meet him, and his recent passing reminded me that I had this photo. The other guy was Secretary of the Navy John Lehman

Gumby, yes. But I'll just observe that Ms Winger appears quite captivated by Gere's short, trim sideburns.

What middie rank is he wearing, a star with no base bar? Is that a "starter set" of some sort?

A great photo, Gumby.

The young wife, whom I was courting at the time and who was way hotter than Debra Winger, apparently preferred them longer.

I believe that his shoulder boards are the ones worn at Aviation Officer Candidates School, before they are commissioned.

Too bad you weren’t Air Force. [emoji12]
Seriously, a great photo! You do win hands down!

Your portfolio is likely larger also, they tend to over spend due to excess confidence.

Great photo and post,

VW

Yes, that was then Vice President George H.W. Bush on May 27, 1981. It was a great honor to meet him, and his recent passing reminded me that I had this photo. The other guy was Secretary of the Navy John Lehman

The young wife, whom I was courting at the time and who was way hotter than Debra Winger, apparently preferred them longer.

I believe that his shoulder boards are the ones worn at Aviation Officer Candidates School, before they are commissioned.

I was in the Marine Corps at the time. I remember Lehman as SECNAV. Wasn't he the Mastermind of the 600 ship Navy?

I was in the Marine Corps at the time. I remember Lehman as SECNAV. Wasn't he the Mastermind of the 600 ship Navy?

Yes, he was. We never quite made it that high; I think we topped out at 594. For comparison, there are currently about 276 ships in the Navy.

Yes, that was then Vice President George H.W. Bush on May 27, 1981. It was a great honor to meet him, and his recent passing reminded me that I had this photo. The other guy was Secretary of the Navy John Lehman.
Yes - I was thinking George H.W. Bush must have been vice president at the time! Wow!

Back
Top Bottom