Good Service from Amazon

travelover

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I got a good deal on an RV part by buying from Amazon's "used" category. These are usually returns or scuffed up boxes, but actually new. Unfortunately the order never showed up even though the post office tracking showed it was delivered to my locked mailbox.

I knew I was wasting my time talking to the post office, but on a whim I checked out Amazon's "contact us" site and found they were glad to send out a new identical item, free with two day shipping. No hassle, second guessing or screwing around. And it wasn't even their fault.

I like how easy they make their return process. It gives me more confidence buying from them. If a purchase is in any way unsatisfactory, I take it to my local UPS Store and give it to the person behind the counter. No need to box it up, as they combine multiple Amazon returns into a single shipping box. I do try not to abuse the this privilege though. I understand that if an account is flagged (perhaps for initiating too many returns), then the return options are adjusted accordingly. Requiring the customer to pay return shipping is apparently one of those adjustments that can be made.

Basically, I figure that if I'm a responsible customer, Amazon will cut me a break if and when I need them to. They must consider you a good customer.

About a year ago I bought a $450 camera that was supposed to arrive in 2 days with Prime shipping but for whatever reason got delayed (I waited about 4 days, tracking the Amazon Delivery). I called Amazon's customer support and they just went ahead and sent the camera, overnight delivery, free shipping and canceled the order that got delayed.

Agree........I put Costco and Amazon up there in the top tier. I've actually been disappointed at Costco when I returned bad stuff (fruits) that they just toss it and process the refund or exchange. The customer is right so no need to check. I guess it works.........we keep going back.

We're fortunate to have huge Amazon warehouses 2 hours north, 2 hours west and in the Capitol of the South, Atlanta.

We get most items very, very fast. I even got a set of tires from Shreveport in one day--remarkable.

I honestly don't know how they execute their deliveries so well.

We have several huge Amazon warehouses near us also. And a new one going up 15 minutes away.

Deliveries are already very quick, some the same day. Maybe I'll be able to get my order in 15 minutes if they let me pick it up at the warehouse.

Alas, Amazon.com stopped delivering to Switzerland. We are just too small to bother with. We can get things from Amazon.de (Germany), but often not in English; e.g., American QWERTY layout on laptops. We relied on Amazon.co.uk for English books; but then they stopped delivering here also. Just shows that small means you have no clout.

-BB

I knew I was wasting my time talking to the post office, but on a whim I checked out Amazon's "contact us" site and found they were glad to send out a new identical item, free with two day shipping. No hassle, second guessing or screwing around. And it wasn't even their fault.

I couldn't agree more, especially with reteurn. I usually print off a return label, that way there's no line at UPS - they just have a place to drop packages that are labeled. Usually, by the time I get back home, I have an email stating that my refund has been processed, simply because it's been scanned by UPS. Pretty cool.

I got an electric hand massager for Christmas, and it is truly awful. More like a medieval torture device. I started the return process, and got an email saying I could just keep it. Simply amazing!

I've never had a negative issue with Amazon, been a member for over 3 years. Even with Amazon TV, I call them and they fix whatever issue within minutes. We have a UPS ~ 5 minutes from our house. Returns very fast, my account credited practically the moment they scan the return.

The reviews can be misleading but I'm not sure that's Amazon's fault. They offer thousands of products and the suppliers of those products might flood the reviews positively. But I'll return it, no problem and complain the reviews were completely inaccurate. Most of the time the reviews are right on. I fear Amazon has made me lazy. If I see a product, I'll go to the Walmart website, Sam's and see if it's cheaper there. Usually the same, so I'll wait for it to be shipped to me.

I have had good customer service from Amazon too. Recently we corrected a wrong sales tax rate being applied to all of our purchases. The fix was as easy as calling them. They took care of it quickly and permanent (I hope).

And then there is this: Within the last few days there was a segment in the news about someone who bought a box of Diapers from the Amazon Warehouse as the seller. Upon opening their delivered package, they reportedly found used diapers neatly folded and placed back in the box!

I've had nothing but good luck with Amazon's customer service, as well.

But if something shows delivered, and I didn't get it, I check with the local Post Office first. Sometimes they have substitute carriers, especially for Sunday deliveries, and they can get addresses mixed up. A quick call and they locate the package and make a special trip to go get it and bring it to where it belongs. It's only happened to me a couple of times in the past few years, but when it did their services was excellent.

I've had nothing but good luck with Amazon's customer service, as well.

But if something shows delivered, and I didn't get it, I check with the local Post Office first. Sometimes they have substitute carriers, especially for Sunday deliveries, and they can get addresses mixed up. A quick call and they locate the package and make a special trip to go get it and bring it to where it belongs. It's only happened to me a couple of times in the past few years, but when it did their services was excellent.
Thanks. I did flag down the carrier and gave him a copy of the tracking information. I'm not holding my breath, though.

We ordered a store gift card on Amazon for our daughter. It did not show up, despite the fact that Amazon said it was delivered (the delivery picture they snapped showed another house). They sent us out a replacement immediately. A couple of days the original card showed up in our mailbox - I contacted Amazon and they told me to just keep both....

I ordered an item that never arrived. I looked in my account info and it said it was delivered with a couple other items I ordered that day.
I sent an email saying it never arrived and they credited my card.
Fast forward to trash day and there it is under the boxes ready for recycling. I sent an email explaining my mistake and they recharged my card the $12. They then sent an email saying thanks for being honest and that here's a $10 credit code.

There have been a few times over the years tat they sent us the wrong item for something small (<$20), and when we contacted them, they apologized, resent the correct item, and said don't worry about sending the wrong item back, keep it, give it away, whatever you want.

I ordered a pair of bowling shoes but they were en route for over a week (for what was supposed to be a prime delivery) and the status changed to package lost The item was no longer in stock, so I received a refund. A couple of days later the package shows up, but open and the shoes had some dirt on them. I was able to just wipe them down and they still looked like new. I contact Amazon and said the shoes had arrived, dirty, but still fine (I sent them pictures of how I found them and how they looked after I cleaned them). They responded sorry for you trouble, keep the shoes, we are not going to charge you for them.

I was shocked at how easy it was to quit Amazon prime. I had a issue several years ago with my Amazon account getting hacked. A was slow to investigate and the time for CC challenge was getting near. As I did not want to wait for A to decide if i could have my $$ back i disputed through the CC. Which put a lock on my account. But the Prime charge kept coming through. After 3 or 4 years I was really apprehensive about calling and quitting Prime. The woman was very good about looking up my account (which I could not log into) and reversed the charge. It took about 2-3 minutes.

The only thing i "buy" from A is Kindle books from the library. aka free

How does this work? ...........find the package , that is. Seems like the carrier would have delivered to the address he thought it should go to. If he was mistaken, how would he remember where he delivered it. This happened to us recently ..........tracking says delivered but wasn't to us. A day or 2 later it was delivered. My theory was it was marked delivered to make schedule but it was too late for carrier to want to deliver it so he had it and delivered it later.
Alternate theory is that it was delivered to wrong address and person living there returned to P.O. or mailman.

How does this work? ...........find the package , that is. Seems like the carrier would have delivered to the address he thought it should go to. If he was mistaken, how would he remember where he delivered it. This happened to us recently ..........tracking says delivered but wasn't to us. A day or 2 later it was delivered. My theory was it was marked delivered to make schedule but it was too late for carrier to want to deliver it so he had it and delivered it later.
Alternate theory is that it was delivered to wrong address and person living there returned to P.O. or mailman.

Either possibility is likely.

In my case, they knew the driver, they knew he/she was a sub, and either it was still in the truck, or they figured out where it was pretty quickly. Maybe the same house number on the next street? That's happened with mail before, so I could see it happening with packages.

Funny story, a few times the Sunday delivery sub-contractor, in the USPS truck, would mark a delivery as "Undeliverable - unable to access address" or some such.

When told about this, the "real" postal employees would roll their eyes and sort of let it slip that's what the subs do when they run out of time to finish all their deliveries. I guess there are only so many boxes they can check for "I didn't deliver it" and that one is the closest to reality. It'll then show up on Monday, with the regular deliveries. At least they didn't toss all the extra boxes in the woods at quitting time!

I have mixed feelings about Sunday deliveries. 99% of the time I can wait until Monday. But then again, I suppose it gives someone a part-time job, and it spreads out the load more evenly for all deliveries.

Back
Top Bottom